Ovation 2017/18 season extended by 6 cruises

Ho Hum, unfortunately just more of the same.

Was hoping for at least one itinerary that wasn't a repeat of or reduced version of what's already on offer.

At the moment the existing Hobart/Adelaide cruise in Jan 2018 is all that appeals but it's a bit short for us at 8 days, since we holiday once a year in most years & travel 2 full days to get to Sydney & back home it's nice to cruise for a bit longer so you actually feel like you had a holiday!

Ho Hum, unfortunately just more of the same.

Was hoping for at least one itinerary that wasn't a repeat of or reduced version of what's already on offer.

At the moment the existing Hobart/Adelaide cruise in Jan 2018 is all that appeals but it's a bit short for us at 8 days, since we holiday once a year in most years & travel 2 full days to get to Sydney & back home it's nice to cruise for a bit longer so you actually feel like you had a holiday!

They are certainly not cheap either.

You and plenty of others don't like ships that large anyway. I am hoping the prices will drop to a level that is more tempting.

No I don't, but if the price was right I'd try a week, maybe Tassie.

But I'll try anything once.

And Tas is a bit of a go to for us.

Tassie is very nice.:D

Nos 6 and 7 coming up.

We prefer it as a sampler than a 3 or 4 dat booze cruise.

Plus we can often get one when the boss has finished for the year, but before most schools break up. (Like this year).

Nos 6 and 7 coming up.

We prefer it as a sampler than a 3 or 4 dat booze cruise.

Plus we can often get one when the boss has finished for the year, but before most schools break up. (Like this year).

Good plan.

Yeah must be plenty of demand.

Time will tell, the upcoming season's sailings sold very quickly due to being a new large and exciting ship to Australia and they had quite high prices. For the following season, the demand may not be as high so prices may drop.

Well we are doing a 14 day to NZ on her in January, so I can share then if she is worth the cost. :D

I'm very much looking forward to the ship having seen several recent videos posted showing what she has to offer. The size doesn't concern me, she isn't that much larger than Voyager class (about 22% larger) & we enjoy those ships well enough.

I was just hoping if when on board we loved her, that there would be a different cruise than those offered on her in 2018 that we could possibly book a deal on.

Time will tell, the upcoming season's sailings sold very quickly due to being a new large and exciting ship to Australia and they had quite high prices. For the following season, the demand may not be as high so prices may drop.

Unlikely. Quantum class have been operating for a year and still have premium pricing. Similar story with Oasis class which had been operating for years at premium pricing.

Well we are doing a 14 day to NZ on her in January, so I can share then if she is worth the cost. :D

I'm very much looking forward to the ship having seen several recent videos posted showing what she has to offer. The size doesn't concern me, she isn't that much larger than Voyager class (about 22% larger) & we enjoy those ships well enough.

I was just hoping if when on board we loved her, that there would be a different cruise than those offered on her in 2018 that we could possibly book a deal on.

I too am on her for the New Years cruise to NZ. I am sure she will be great but whether she will warrant another cruise on her rather than any other comparative itinerary with another ship has to be about value for me. The things that Ovation offer differently to other ships may not be enough to warrant the difference in price. I will find out soon enough though, looking forward to it.:D

Unlikely. Quantum class have been operating for a year and still have premium pricing. Similar story with Oasis class which had been operating for years at premium pricing.

That is why I said time will tell, the ship has to be seen as value for what she can offer above what others offer for the prices to stay higher than the other ships. There has to be the perceived added bonus.

That is why I said time will tell, the ship has to be seen as value for what she can offer above what others offer for the prices to stay higher than the other ships. There has to be the perceived added bonus.

You also said prices may drop. While nothing is certain e.g. a massive GFC may eventuate, with things as they stand, there's no reason for them to drop (except hope!)

You also said prices may drop. While nothing is certain e.g. a massive GFC may eventuate, with things as they stand, there's no reason for them to drop (except hope!)

True, never say never. Always remain the optimist.:D