Barcelona Flights

MickeyP

I would usually recommend booking August 2016 flights after October or November 2015 to make sure that any newly added or changed routes can be considered.

This year it appears that Delta to JFK is making a good change for cruise passengers as their flight will depart Barcelona at 1:35 PM and not their current 10:35 AM.

This will allow cruise passengers to more easily make it to the airport with Delta.

Delta does sell as code share with Air Europa as well and this can be less expensive, even though it is still the Delta flight operating the route.

I would usually recommend booking August 2016 flights after October or November 2015 to make sure that any newly added or changed routes can be considered.

This year it appears that Delta to JFK is making a good change for cruise passengers as their flight will depart Barcelona at 1:35 PM and not their current 10:35 AM.

This will allow cruise passengers to more easily make it to the airport with Delta.

Delta does sell as code share with Air Europa as well and this can be less expensive, even though it is still the Delta flight operating the route.

This doesn't make me happy..we flew home at 10:40 am from BCN to JFK and had plenty of time at the airport before taking off.

I hate waiting around in airports.

This doesn't make me happy..we flew home at 10:40 am from BCN to JFK and had plenty of time at the airport before taking off.

If you were following airport advised arrival time for a 10:40 departure you were supposed to arrive at the airport at 07:40 as Barcelona has a 3 hour advance recommended check-in time for long haul flights.

Barcelona can have 3 levels of security on flights to the USA and this can become quite time consuming and on some days very time consuming. It sounds like you traveled on one of the good days.

I think the 10:35 airport arrival time for a long haul flight at 1:35 pm is nice and allows one to leave the ship and port in a more relaxed fashion.

Barcelona is probably one of the more comfortable terminals to 'wait' at for many as they have great shopping, an outdoor park with a Starbucks café among other amenities.

If you were following airport advised arrival time for a 10:40 departure you were supposed to arrive at the airport at 07:40 as Barcelona has a 3 hour advance recommended check-in time for long haul flights.

Barcelona can have 3 levels of security on flights to the USA and this can become quite time consuming and on some days very time consuming. It sounds like you traveled on one of the good days.

I think the 10:35 airport arrival time for a long haul flight at 1:35 pm is nice and allows one to leave the ship and port in a more relaxed fashion.

Barcelona is probably one of the more comfortable terminals to 'wait' at for many as they have great shopping, an outdoor park with a Starbucks café among other amenities.

We arrived at the airport at 8:00 am with zero problems. Not looking to shop at an airport.once the cruise is over, I want to go home.

We arrived at the airport at 8:00 am with zero problems. Not looking to shop at an airport.once the cruise is over, I want to go home.

I ,on the other hand ,decided three cruises ago , never to fly home on the day my cruise ends.

It is too depressing, and I hate to rush to the airport and fly for 11 to 14 hours.

I now always stay a couple of days post cruise in the port city.

I will be going back to Barcelona next summer for a 13 day cruise.

Thank you for this information. I was looking to see if there would be any problems with getting to our 10:45am flight and am now encouraged.

Our ship overnights in Barcelona so, I would think, we should have no problem being off the ship by 7 or 8am.

Cheers!

Cruising in August 2016 from Barcelona, Any help with Flights that are Non Stop from NYC? Round trip of course.

I booked on Tuesday through Royal Caribbean's Choice Air and got the lowest price on American Airlines direct flights roundtrip from JFK to BCN. I just noticed the price has gone up $200 per person today.