Should I take this cabin upgrade?

MainLineLady

We are booked on the Legend in June and I saw that the price had dropped considerably, since we have paid in full Seabourn offered us an upgrade from cabin 107 to 301. I don't see that it is any better than what I had, just higher and even more forward. What should I do?

We've been on the smaller ships twice, and would accept the offer to move to 301, assuming little or no price difference. But I would not pay much for the switch.

I don't think the move higher up and toward the bow will result in much more motion, although there will surely be some increase. We're not bothered with sea sickness, however, so if you are, maybe you should consider it, especially if your itinerary calls for rough seas.

The view out the window higher up will be better, and the glass will not get as salt spray crusted as the lower window.

In either case, you'll have a great cruise. Bon voyage.

Not sure I understand that.

We visited someone on the first level and it was quite close to the water; like being in a fishbowl. Much nicer - IMHO - to be up a couple of decks, esp. if offered as a complimentary upgrade, but otherwise, still worth it if the passenger can afford it. Again, just my perspective. Others might not mind being truly at sea level.

Edited by Pop-I

Others might not mind being truly at sea level.

Having spent many years, when younger, sailing 35 or 39 footers we absolutely love being able to lie in bed and watch the waves right outside the window. Also have always found "low and middle" absolutely the best place to be if the sea gets a bit lumpy - far less movement (either pitching or rolling) if you are near the dead centre of the ship. So Deck 4 on the triplets, cabins around the 125 slot, and middle of Deck 5 on the Odyssey class are our usual choice.

I prefer to be high above, especially when in port. I don't want to be eye to eye with those on shore. And I love the motion of the ocean. To each his own. You're lucky not too many people like the water line; you'd be paying for that "privilege" if that was the case.

I'm with you Stanfordian. REAL sailing (and I love Seabourn) is close to the water and the lower cabins give you that feel. The iron rail doesn't bother us a bit. I just don't want the restricted balcony on the "O" class. Very happy others want the high cabins.icon10.gif

• 2 weeks later...