St. Peter Port ideas?

Thanks for the info. I visited on my recent cruise on the Journey. After tendering in, we walked to the bus station.short walk...about 5 minutes. Took the round the island bus. Best £1 that I ever spent. Luckily we were there at low tide. Ride was gorgeous. After the bus trip, we did some shopping. There are a lot of very nice boutiques. Bought so e clothing at Marks and Spenser. Lunch at a local pub. Loved this port.

We just visited St. Peter Port and used one of the local buses 91 or 92 for a complete route around the island for only 1 pound per person. The trip takes approximately 90 mins. and was the best deal on our British Isles cruise!!!

Me met locals getting on and off the bus and they basically gave us a guided tour of the island.

We just visited St. Peter Port and used one of the local buses 91 or 92 for a complete route around the island for only 1 pound per person. The trip takes approximately 90 mins. and was the best deal on our British Isles cruise!!!

Me met locals getting on and off the bus and they basically gave us a guided tour of the island.

Thank you!

• 7 months later...

Since you are a local I was wondering if you could help me with our visit to guernsey.

We have 11:20 tickets to see victor Hugo's house. We arrive on the royal princess at 7am.

Can we realistically see things before our 11:20 tour? I would like to get to castle cornet and the little chapel, not to mention shopping with a stop for a bite to eat. Is this doable?

The new bus schedule came out which I already printed. I understand the money is different on this island. Is there a place to exchange US dollars or Euros? Thank you for your help.

can we use british pounds or us dollars in st peter port.

can we use british pounds or us dollars in st peter port.

GBP but be aware that you want to ask for GBP in change or you might get the local currency - the Guernsey Sterling - which is only legal tender on a few islands.

You can use a credit or debit card. You cannot use USD.

Since you are a local I was wondering if you could help me with our visit to guernsey.

We have 11:20 tickets to see victor Hugo's house. We arrive on the royal princess at 7am.

Can we realistically see things before our 11:20 tour? I would like to get to castle cornet and the little chapel, not to mention shopping with a stop for a bite to eat. Is this doable?

The new bus schedule came out which I already printed. I understand the money is different on this island. Is there a place to exchange US dollars or Euros? Thank you for your help.

With regards to USD or Euro's, you can exchange them at any bank (for a fee), however it is best to change them at either a post office, or at BATIF which is in the same location as the Tourist Office.

With regards to being able to see things before your 11.20am tour, if you are off the ship reasonably early, then you could definately have a look around Castle Cornet (you would need to check opening times). As for the Little Chapel, if you are organised and on an early bus there and back, again this is douable before 11.20am, however if you are using the bus (rather than a taxi), you would not have time to do both the Little Chapel and Castle Cornet before Victor Hugo. Shopping and eating places are all closeby to where you dock.

Any other questions, feel free to ask.

Guernsey cruiser. Does the day bus pass for 4 GBP unlimited hop on hop off on the bus that goes around the island also cover the bus to the little chapel?

Would we be able to do the little chapel and go around the island? Our total stop is 7am to 3pm so a fair bit less than 8 hrs.

Guernsey cruiser. Does the day bus pass for 4 GBP unlimited hop on hop off on the bus that goes around the island also cover the bus to the little chapel?

Would we be able to do the little chapel and go around the island? Our total stop is 7am to 3pm so a fair bit less than 8 hrs.

Hi paddingtonbear

The one day pass is now GBP 4.50, and allows you to hop on hop off any bus all day long. The bus to the Little Chapel is a different route to the bus that goes around the island. If you are off early, you should be able to do both, however will probably have to go on the bus from town to the Little Chapel, and then back again. You could carry on the same route to the airport, and then pick up the round the island bus from there. You would need to check the timetable, the website is http://www.buses.gg. If you go to the airport, you will miss part of the round the island route from town to the airport, however on the route to the Little Chapel, you will get to see a different part of the island.

Further to my post above, please bear in mind that if you take the bus to the airport, and then transfer to the "round the island" bus, it may already be full from passengers who have embarked in the main town. The round the island route is very popular with visitors, especially when cruise ships are docked.