book and pay for a cabin as solo , then have friend share cabin.

boblin

I recently booked and paid for a cabin on a Celebrity ship as a solo cruiser. Sail date is about 80 days away. Now a friend wants to join me in the cabin. Has anyone had experience doing this? I'm thinking TA will simply add the 2nd passenger into the cabin and charge her the taxes and fees. She would pay me privately for her share. Is this what happens in this situation?

I recently booked and paid for a cabin on a Celebrity ship as a solo cruiser. Sail date is about 80 days away. Now a friend wants to join me in the cabin. Has anyone had experience doing this? I'm thinking TA will simply add the 2nd passenger into the cabin and charge her the taxes and fees. She would pay me privately for her share. Is this what happens in this situation?

I don't know for sure, I would say you need to ask your TA this question.

But I am sure the cruiseline doesn't care who is paying, as long as they

are getting their money;)

Even though you may have paid for the full price of the cabin (200% single supplement), the Cruiseline is not obligated to let you add a second person since you have already made final payment.

I once had this situation where my adult son wanted to join me at the last minute and it took some arm-twisting.

Therefore, it's best to have your TA contact them ASAP to make this change.

Joe

Thew finances between you and your friend are up to thet woof you tgo work out. NEITHER CRUISE LINE nor TA care how you decide to share the costs

Edited by sail7seas