Cruises that depart on thursdays

RobinWyman75

You should book Carnival Ecstasy, departing out of Orlando for 4 nights Nov 17th which is a Thursday.

That's the one I booked! :-)

It's pretty well impossible for a cruise to depart out of Orlando, which is an hour from the ocean. Maybe you meant either Tampa or Port Canaveral?

I live in the Orlando area, I don't know a single person who lives here who considers Port Canaveral part of the Orlando area.

I also have never seen Port Canaveral described on any cruise web site as "Orlando" although I admit, I've never even bothered to look at Carnival. I know they are far from the type of cruise line I'm interested in.

Well touch you with a stick. I live in Orlando, right by UCF, and I consider PC as much as part of the "Orlando area" as I do Disney/Kissimmee/Celebration/Lake Buena Vista area and the Daytona/Deltona/etc.

To tourists they don't know the difference and it is easier to reference a large well known metro area.

Do you snap at tourists who say Disney is in Orlando? Jeez.

Depending on where you live, I am sure all ports have 4 and 5 days cruises. I know here in New Orleans we have a 4 day that leaves on Thursday and returns on Monday. It goes to Cozumel. The prices aren't bad either. I took my first cruise on a 4 day to Cozumel and loved it!! Prices are usually cheap to fly into NOLA. Not sure where you live.

To tourists they don't know the difference and it is easier to reference a large well known metro area.

Well, I would never consider any of the cruise ports a burb of Orlando and I don't live there. My friends who live there don't either. I also wouldn't consider Daytona a burb either. I know ports - Everglades, Miami, Ft Lauderdale, and to you, I would probably be a tourist.

i think a lot of cruise lines refer or at least reference the nearby major city or attraction city, even though the port is somewhere else. Rome & London for example. Carnival says "Port Canaveral (Orlando)". Maybe they do that to help pinpoint a major airport.

Well, I would never consider any of the cruise ports a burb of Orlando and I don't live there. My friends who live there don't either. I also wouldn't consider Daytona a burb either. I know ports - Everglades, Miami, Ft Lauderdale, and to you, I would probably be a tourist.

Like I said, it's easier for tourists to reference a well known large metro area, most tourists would have no clue where Cape Canaveral is, like they have no idea where Lake Buena Vista/Kissimmee/Celebration is. Yet they don't go "I'm going to Lake Buena Vista for vacation and we are going to Disney!" it's "We are going to Orlando for vacation and we are going to Disney!" yet they're less likely to be actually staying in Orlando and the parks are not located in Orlando.

Even the carnival website lists it as "Port Canaveral (Orlando)" to give reference. Most people know where "Port of Miami" is because Miami is a popular city for many many other reasons aside from the cruise port. Plus Tampa, Miami and Fort Lauderdale have an airport fairly close to them. Port Canaveral doesn't really and has to use MCO or SFB, which is an hour away, giving tourists unfamiliar with the area a reference to what airport they need to fly into.

Port Canaveral is by an ugly beach and a boring space station... Not much draw and popularity there :-)

Using your logic, Gloucester should be considered "Boston."

I can tell you that "them's fighting words, son" up in those parts.

I am confused. On your signature you claim to be doing a back-to-back out of Rome. Isn't Rome more than an hour inland? :confused:

I am confused. On your signature you claim to be doing a back-to-back out of Rome. Isn't Rome more than an hour inland? :confused:

Rome is about 20 minutes inland, however it's about an hour from the Port which is north/northwest of the city of Rome. We are spending a few days in Rome before we travel to Civitavecchia, which is the port.

Rome is about 20 minutes inland, however it's about an hour from the Port which is north/northwest of the city of Rome. We are spending a few days in Rome before we travel to Civitavecchia, which is the port.

Well I don't know a single person who considers Civitavecchia part of the Rome area. It's pretty well impossible for a cruise to depart out of Rome, which is far from the ocean. I also have never seen Civitavecchia described on any cruise web site as "Rome" although I admit, I've never even bothered to look at Windstar. I know they are far from the type of cruise line I'm interested in. Using your logic, Southhampton should be considered "London."

You may want to change your signature.

Well I don't know a single person who considers Civitavecchia part of the Rome area. It's pretty well impossible for a cruise to depart out of Rome, which is far from the ocean. I also have never seen Civitavecchia described on any cruise web site as "Rome" although I admit, I've never even bothered to look at Windstar. I know they are far from the type of cruise line I'm interested in. Using your logic, Southhampton should be considered "London."

You may want to change your signature.

Windstar describes the cruise as beginning and/or ending with "Rome" although they use Civitavecchia as the name of the port. <y signature is fine based on the cruise I booked. Thank you for your concern.

Windstar describes the cruise as beginning and/or ending with "Rome" although they use Civitavecchia as the name of the port. <y signature is fine based on the cruise I booked. Thank you for your concern.

So it seems Windstar refers to Civitavecchia as Rome just as Carnival refers to Cape Canaveral as Orlando. I fail to see the difference. Why would you criticize someone for referring to Cape Canaveral as Orlando when you are calling Civitavecchia Rome? By the way, Civitavecchia to Rome is a longer drive than Orlando to Cape Canaveral.

Archived