Travelling from Walt Disney world resort to port canaveral

Ukpixie

We are first time cruisers from port canaveral in Disney dream after completing 10 days in WDW planning to travel from WDW resort to post Canaveral .

Could people suggest idea for shuttle from WDW to port and in return to the Airport( Orlando) please

Travelling on 30th oct 17

Welcome to the boards! :)

One-way car rental from WDW to PC is probably your cheapest option - the drive takes just over an hour (bring quarters for the tolls); all of the car rental agencies in PC will shuttle you to the port. After your cruise Cortrans, Cocoa Beach Shuttle and others will get you back to MCO for about $20-25 per person.

Are you staying at a WDW resort? If so, are you hesitant to take the Disney bus both ways? Too expensive or scheduling?

On the return it depends on your flight. If before 2pm for example - use a shuttle service as mentioned. If later rent a car so you can store luggage while exploring a bit

Are family of 5 are looking into visiting DW post cruise and possibly renting a car, where do you recommend we get a Hotel room, either near MCO International and drive in or near DW and take their shuttle in. Also where do you pick up the Disney bus to go back to the Airport. Thank You

You're taking a Disney cruise its not the cheapest don't waste time on these shuttle services and let the transportation aspect of it all ruin the great experience of the cruise! Do some research and seek out a private transportation company that way you can cater to your schedule the best way possible. Not to mention its more reliable than any shuttle service and you need not deal with all those people in a shared ride, not something you want with tired kids after a few days at sea. Take it from a mother of three whose taking her 17th cruise out of Port Canaveral, you want to spend a little more on the ride and it'll save you a lot of head ache later. Couldn't imagine taking a shuttle and being pressed for time trying to catch a flight or waste time on the disney bus if you're going to spend some more time back in Orlando. Seven of those times I used Happy Limo and a few other private car companies prior to using a rental car or shuttle service and I couldn't be any happier. They will pick your family up when you choose, text you the night before to confirm, they even give a grocery stop thats free along the way. I highly recommend giving them a call, though they are a bit more than competitors the service is more than sufficient of the price.

I always drive to Port Canaveral so I can't help you with the shuttle part.

However, for hotels staying in Disney Property is the easiest for getting around the parks. You'll waste less time parking and getting through lines, etc. If that isn't an option, I would stay in the Disney Springs area. It's fairly convenient.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums