Where is the best spot to request Uber in FLL airport?

Not sure if this is still true, but in March Uber was not available at FLL. We arrived around 8:30 pm and Uber was not available at the Southwest terminal.

No issues within the last two months - used twice both for drop off and pick up.

Not sure if this is still true, but in March Uber was not available at FLL. We arrived around 8:30 pm and Uber was not available at the Southwest terminal.

They've come to an agreement since then but I believe that came with a surcharge for pickups. I can't remember how much though. We use taxis out of FLL only because they're right there when you exit the terminal. For everything else including drop off we use Uber.

Sent from my Bat phone using Tapatalk.

Anyone have experience on tagging Uber from airport with luggage? Family of 4 traveling, so wondering what is best way to ensure the car is big enough for 4 people plus luggage. Just request Uber XL?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

They've come to an agreement since then but I believe that came with a surcharge for pickups. I can't remember how much though. We use taxis out of FLL only because they're right there when you exit the terminal. For everything else including drop off we use Uber.

Aren't taxi, shuttles and Uber in the same area?

Aren't taxi, shuttles and Uber in the same area?

I don't think Uber waits outside unless you requested them through the app. The taxis are ready and waiting.

I don't think Uber waits outside unless you requested them through the app. The taxis are ready and waiting.

sorry, i mean the picture im seeing right now is that Uber will pick you up on their designated space/column but at the same area where taxis and shuttles are also waiting..???

Anyone have experience on tagging Uber from airport with luggage? Family of 4 traveling, so wondering what is best way to ensure the car is big enough for 4 people plus luggage. Just request Uber XL?

Probably, but even X could be a decent sized SUV.

Edited by Biker19

sorry, i mean the picture im seeing right now is that Uber will pick you up on their designated space/column but at the same area where taxis and shuttles are also waiting..???

Yes, that's why pick up can be a bit tricky - though about the same as any other airport.

Taxis will be lined up and waiting, we just went to the first one in line big enough for our party of 6 with cruise luggage - an SUV. Around $10. No worrying about trying to meet a specific driver or a meeting place.

Taxis will be lined up and waiting, we just went to the first one in line big enough for our party of 6 with cruise luggage - an SUV. Around $10. No worrying about trying to meet a specific driver or a meeting place.

For such a short ride, this is one of the exceptions to using Uber. There's just no real savings vs taxi.

Anyone use Uber to get from Hotel in FLL to Port?

Uber XL from Renaissance on 17th to the port was $7.70. He handled our luggage so I tipped him extra.

Uber X from American Social on East Las Olas to FLL was $9.09.

Hope that helps.