Oasis Questions – Boardwalk Balcony Location and Next Cruise

I am planning to book a Boardwalk Balcony on Oasis for November 2017. Two fairly unrelated questions:

1) Is it worth booking on board (we will be sailing on Brilliance in a couple of weeks)? It's been a long time since I've done Next Cruise and I think the rules have changed.

2) I have no idea what is a good location for a BW balcony room. We'd like to be able to see the diving show from our balcony. I assume the furthest aft is best, but are higher or lower decks better? We had a cabin on Deck 7 on Allure a couple of years ago and it was convenient to the Promenade, etc. But an upper deck would put us nearer to the pool and the Diamond Lounge.

We really enjoyed the aft-most balcony on deck 12. 12379 if memory serves... It was shaded under the walkway above. Great view of aqua theater and some ocean view. Noise was not that big of a deal unless you wanted to knap in the afternoons or went to bed super early. Only real negative was the longer walk from the elevator to get to that last cabin.

But IMO the slides they are putting down there on other Oasis class ships will essentially ruin what was a great cabin location.

A lot of folks like the aft balconies on decks 10-12 because you get a great view of the AquaTheater and ocean. I think 14 is slightly obstructed. As you said, the higher up the closer to Windjammer & the pools, the lower you are the closer you are to CP, Boardwalk, Promenade, and dining halls. Just depends which location you prefer.

As for when to book, you can always book now and then check prices/perks on board. If it makes more sense to book on board, you can always cancel the existing booking and re-book. If not, you've already locked in a good price.

We just booked 11327 on the Allure. We chose deck 11 so we would not be right under the pool deck. We picked 327 instead of 329, so we wouldn't have our balcony 100% covered by the above structure and because we prefer our bed be closer to the balcony to give us more space by the closet. Otherwise, the bed is right up to the closet as the the cabin layouts alternate. You can see the comparison someone did on the Oasis here:

As for when to book, you can always book now and then check prices/perks on board. If it makes more sense to book on board, you can always cancel the existing booking and re-book. If not, you've already locked in a good price.

+1

Edited by lv2bcruzin

We just booked 11327 on the Allure. We chose deck 11 so we would not be right under the pool deck. We picked 327 instead of 329, so we wouldn't have our balcony 100% covered by the above structure and because we prefer our bed be closer to the balcony to give us more space by the closet. Otherwise, the bed is right up to the closet as the the cabin layouts alternate. You can see the comparison someone did on the Oasis here:

+1

We are booked in 11329 for Dec. Oasis sailing. I choose that location so we could watch the Aqua Theater show form our balcony, so we would have a view of the ocean, and because it was near the Diamond lounge.

I booked a Nov. 2017 cruise on the Majesty the other day to get the 60% discount for second guest and also got my $125 Diamond discount. I had planned to book during Dec. 2016 cruise but there is no way to know if they will be offering the 60% discount. I did not need the OBC they were offering a few weeks ago as I have Celebrity Visa points to turn in for OBC. You have to check the prices and decide what will work for you as some of the posters advise.

Happy Sails to You

We are booked in 11329 for Dec. Oasis sailing. I choose that location so we could watch the Aqua Theater show form our balcony, so we would have a view of the ocean, and because it was near the Diamond lounge.

I booked a Nov. 2017 cruise on the Majesty the other day to get the 60% discount for second guest and also got my $125 Diamond discount. I had planned to book during Dec. 2016 cruise but there is no way to know if they will be offering the 60% discount. I did not need the OBC they were offering a few weeks ago as I have Celebrity Visa points to turn in for OBC. You have to check the prices and decide what will work for you as some of the posters advise.

Happy Sails to You

Thanks to all for the advice! I will probably go ahead and book to get the 60% and check when we board to see if it's worth rebooking to get the Next Cruise OBC.

We LOVED our Oasis BW 10329, so much so that we are now booked on the Allure BW 10329. You will love this location and the view. Floor 10 is easy access to most anything up or down as it is pretty much in the middle.

None of the ***29 cabins were available, so I booked 11727 (second cabin back).

Thanks for all the advice!!