How long do cruise points show up on the website?

JAMESCC

We just got off Explorer from Bermuda, last Thursday. I don't see it in the "completed cruise" section nor do I see the points showing up yet. We had 33, and still do, should be at 38 now, right? Thanks for any help.

We just got off Explorer from Bermuda, last Thursday. I don't see it in the "completed cruise" section nor do I see the points showing up yet. We had 33, and still do, should be at 38 now, right? Thanks for any help.

It can be posted as early as 5 days and as late as 2 weeks.

If your cruise was a 5 day cruise and you weren't booked in a JS cabin or above, then yes, your total should be 38.

Thanks I just now saw that it could take 14 days. Seems like a long time.

While I think its cool they have a loyalty program, I see issues with it. Between Platinum where we are and the next tier "Emerald" you only get one perk as far I can see. Am I missing something? And then when you finally reach 700 points [which is an insane number] you lose a perk, same member status for child after first cruise. How is it that you actually reach the "Pinnacle" of the loyalty program and you lose something? Seems insane to me.

Edited by JAMESCC

Thanks I just now saw that it could take 14 days. Seems like a long time.

While I think its cool they have a loyalty program, I see issues with it. Between Platinum where we are and the next tier "Emerald" you only get one perk as far I can see. Am I missing something? And then when you finally reach 700 points [which is an insane number] you lose a perk, same member status for child after first cruise. How is it that you actually reach the "Pinnacle" of the loyalty program and you lose something? Seems insane to me.

Emerald gets two additional perks over Platinum: the welcome aboard snack/beverage and a $25 increase in the balcony discount.

Edited by clarea

Emerald gets two additional perks over Platinum: the welcome aboard snack/beverage and a $25 increase in the balcony discount.

Huh thanks, i don't see that second perk on there but I guess its better than nothing. Diamond plus is a nice tier to get into, and not an outlandish number to achieve[175]. 700 for Pinnacle is just insanity!

Huh thanks, i don't see that second perk on there but I guess its better than nothing. Diamond plus is a nice tier to get into, and not an outlandish number to achieve[175]. 700 for Pinnacle is just insanity!

Yes, the amenity choice they add at D+ is a nice touch. Pinnacle is great for the gold colored SeaPass card where you get many of the suite amenities. The free cruise is not bad either.:)

And then when you finally reach 700 points [which is an insane number] you lose a perk, same member status for child after first cruise. How is it that you actually reach the "Pinnacle" of the loyalty program and you lose something? Seems insane to me.

You have to earn Pinnacle on your own. All of the other statuses are passed to minor children. I assume that your minor child would be D+ after their first cruise, rather than Pinnacle.

Mine usually appear in about ten days to two weeks.

You have to earn Pinnacle on your own. All of the other statuses are passed to minor children. I assume that your minor child would be D+ after their first cruise, rather than Pinnacle.

From the RCI Website:

"For Pinnacle Club a relationship is considered a spouse and/or significant other. Children will be taken out of a relationship with a parent or guardian upon their 18th birthday date. If it is found that a dependent or child is not immediately removed from a relationship upon their 18th birthday and accumulates a higher tier status outside of this time period, the dependents record will be adjust back to the appropriate tier status".

From the RCI Website:

"For Pinnacle Club a relationship is considered a spouse and/or significant other. Children will be taken out of a relationship with a parent or guardian upon their 18th birthday date. If it is found that a dependent or child is not immediately removed from a relationship upon their 18th birthday and accumulates a higher tier status outside of this time period, the dependents record will be adjust back to the appropriate tier status".

Isn't that what happens at other levels? The 18 year old is taken out of the relationship but retains the status. Then they have to make the next level based on their own points.

That description is very muddy.

I realize you have to get to P on your own, but wouldn't they give the minor child the next (lower) level of status (which would be D+ in this case) to carry on from age 18 as they do for other C&A members? My oldest turned 18 when we were D, so he retained D. My younger two were minors when we turned D+, so they retained D+. Seems unfair if P kids get nothing at all.

Edited by marci22

Isn't that what happens at other levels? The 18 year old is taken out of the relationship but retains the status. Then they have to make the next level based on their own points.

That description is very muddy.

I agree that Royal has a hard time with clear, unambiguous language.

What they mean is that Pinnacle status can only be gained by linking as a spouse/significant other (SO). Whereas all the other levels can be gained by linking as a SO or child.

Edited by clarea

I agree that Royal has a hard time with clear, unambiguous language.

What they mean is that Pinnacle status can only be gained by linking as a spouse/significant other (SO). Whereas all the other levels can be gained by linking as a SO or child.

I realize no P status is awarded to children by linking, but if you are P, and your child takes a cruise for the first time, after that cruise, shouldn't they be D+? That's all I'm saying.

I think it's understandable that they wouldn't award P unless you earned it yourself.

Edited by marci22

I realize no P status is awarded to children by linking, but if you are P, and your child takes a cruise for the first time, after that cruise, shouldn't they be D+? That's all I'm saying.

I think it's understandable that they wouldn't award P unless you earned it yourself.

Yes, it makes sense to me that the child would be D+ after cruising, as long as the child is under age 18.

Ok now I have a few other questions after what I am reading. How exactly does all this work? Lets say your son and daughter-in-law who are both over 18 are sailing with you,do they get Pinnacle for that cruise? What if I pay for the cruise?

Here is another interesting question I have now. My wife and I will be at 38 points which is "Platinum", but my 14 month old son this was his first cruise, and now has 5 points, does he get our status? Does he even get points for this cruise only being 14 months old, and his fare was free? He was supposed to technically pay but they had a deal, kids sail free for this particular cruise.

Usually takes up to 10 days after the cruise has been completed.

Ok now I have a few other questions after what I am reading. How exactly does all this work? Lets say your son and daughter-in-law who are both over 18 are sailing with you,do they get Pinnacle for that cruise? What if I pay for the cruise?

Here is another interesting question I have now. My wife and I will be at 38 points which is "Platinum", but my 14 month old son this was his first cruise, and now has 5 points, does he get our status? Does he even get points for this cruise only being 14 months old, and his fare was free? He was supposed to technically pay but they had a deal, kids sail free for this particular cruise.

There is no linking for children that are 18 and over.

The 14 month old son will receive Platinum status when linked. Anyone who cruises gets points.

OK interesting info. I guess after 18 they are on their own as far as status goes. Just was curious, thanks.

If a child had been linked before they turned 18, then they will retain the C&A level the parents had (assuming the parents level is higher than what the child earned by their own cruises) when the child turned 18. If the child was never linked before they turned 18, then they are on their own.

Edited by clarea