Hotel day stay passes?

terri1020

• 3 weeks later...
We're going to San Juan in October 2015. Are there any day pass hotels out there? Experiences, good and bad appreciated.

Thanks!

I just went to Numero Uno Beach Club in Ocean Park last week, a 15 minute cab ride from the OSJ port. Pamela's restaurant is located here, and we had a delicious pan fried snapper lunch with rice and veggies, a lounger, umbrella and 6 drinks with their day pass. Excellent service, uncrowded beach. Cab was not included, but still was an excellent value.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Found this on trip advisor and looks like a nice place to go:

We were in San Juan on a cruise and booked an excursion here for the day. The package came with chairs, umbrellas, 6 drinks per person and lunch. First, the setting is perfect. You are right on a beautiful section of beach that is not crowded. Our waiter, Ronnie, was 5 star. He couldn't do enough to take care of us. He was always there asking if we needed anything. At one point my wife got up to take something to the trash. Ronnie literally ran over to intercept her so he could take it to the trash and she could sit back down. And the lunch! It was fantastic! The restaurant, Pamelas, obviously knows how to prepare great meals. My wife had the red snapper which was fantastic. My son and I had a beef wrap with Argentinian beef that was delicious. And the Pina Coladas may be the best we have ever had. Of course, we had access to a nice restroom. And the kids and I did a little swimming in the ocean. All in all it was a perfect day at a perfect place. We highly recommend it if you are in San Juan. And if you go, seek out Ronnie. He will definitely take care of you.

• 2 months later...
I just went to Numero Uno Beach Club in Ocean Park last week, a 15 minute cab ride from the OSJ port. Pamela's restaurant is located here, and we had a delicious pan fried snapper lunch with rice and veggies, a lounger, umbrella and 6 drinks with their day pass. Excellent service, uncrowded beach. Cab was not included, but still was an excellent value.

I believe this is it. We booked it for 12/3 cruise.

Evie

Found this on trip advisor and looks like a nice place to go:

We were in San Juan on a cruise and booked an excursion here for the day. The package came with chairs, umbrellas, 6 drinks per person and lunch. First, the setting is perfect. You are right on a beautiful section of beach that is not crowded. Our waiter, Ronnie, was 5 star. He couldn't do enough to take care of us. He was always there asking if we needed anything. At one point my wife got up to take something to the trash. Ronnie literally ran over to intercept her so he could take it to the trash and she could sit back down. And the lunch! It was fantastic! The restaurant, Pamelas, obviously knows how to prepare great meals. My wife had the red snapper which was fantastic. My son and I had a beef wrap with Argentinian beef that was delicious. And the Pina Coladas may be the best we have ever had. Of course, we had access to a nice restroom. And the kids and I did a little swimming in the ocean. All in all it was a perfect day at a perfect place. We highly recommend it if you are in San Juan. And if you go, seek out Ronnie. He will definitely take care of you.

Thank you for the recommendation. Do you remember what you paid?

Its exactly were i went through Island Marketing and sounds like the same package. I found it to be well worth it. Good beach, good food and not far from old San Juan. It was about maybe a 10-15 min ride and when i was getting ready to go they called for a cab which arrived shortly after..

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Can you just take a taxi to this beach, rent a beach chair/umbrella and sit for a few hours? (And obviously want use of the rest rooms!)

Thanks!

I am not sure, i took the package. It was kind of tucked away and i was not with many people which i liked a lot and the whole reason i chose this package. Came out cheaper than buying lunch a few drinks. I also visited Isla Verde were you can rent chairs but depending on the day of the week you might be with many people. The both beaches are big and wide enough not to really feel the crowds unless your there on weekends. I stayed a whole week visiting a friend and weekends in Isla Verde got packed with locals.

Hope this helps

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks so much everyone! We're going to Pamela's. Since we pull into port at 1:30, we're not including food, just the six drinks for $30pp. Includes umbrellas and chairs too. We're excited because we usually can't find anything that we enjoy in San Juan. If this works out, I'll never mind it being a port again!

Thanks so much everyone! We're going to Pamela's. Since we pull into port at 1:30, we're not including food, just the six drinks for $30pp. Includes umbrellas and chairs too. We're excited because we usually can't find anything that we enjoy in San Juan. If this works out, I'll never mind it being a port again!

Please let us know how it is :)

Hey that's great did you get that new package through Island marketing?

Oh no!

http://puertoricocruiseexcursions.com/BeachBreakSanJuan.html

They do not include beer! Only mixed drinks which must be awful if we would need to pay extra for a beer.

I guess we will just continue with our plan of "no plan"

Once we arrive in San Juan we will figure something out.

Someone in our group only drank beer as well and they offered us a beer package was it not the case for you? We got him a beer package instead of a drink package.