Upgrade ?

Billym1507

Hi I wonder if anyone can help me.
I had booked a Cat BB Vista suite, cabin 053. I am sailing on the Statendam on June 1st out of Seattle for 2 weeks.
I have done all the online check in and printed my E-docs and luggage tags.
I received an email yesterday that we have been upgraded to a Cat BQ Vista spa suite, cabin 107. I don't see any difference in the rooms so was wondering if anyone could tell me what the difference is ?
Also do I need to go through all the check in procedure again ?
Thanks for any help.
Billy.

If you look on the HAL website, deck plans, you will see physically the rooms are virtually identical. However, 107 comes with a few additional amenities, thus this is considered an upgrade.

Agree you don't have to do the checkin again. When you get to the dock, get the number of bag tags you need from the porter, and write your room number on them, then attach.

According to HAL's website:

"Spa staterooms - Opt for the serenity of a new Spa Suite or Stateroom, featuring modern spa amenities such as yoga mats, an iPod® docking station, and a countertop water feature in-room. Also available are exclusive spa treatments from the Greenhouse Spa and Salon."

Otherwise I think the only difference is the location. 053 is below the Lido buffet (but the carpeted area which should not pose noise issues), while 107 is above the Ocean Bar (may have have noise in the evenings). Like the fact that 107 is near the forward elevator.

[quote name='DaveOKC']According to HAL's website:

"Spa staterooms - Opt for the serenity of a new Spa Suite or Stateroom, featuring modern spa amenities such as yoga mats, an iPod® docking station, and a countertop water feature in-room. Also available are exclusive spa treatments from the Greenhouse Spa and Salon."

Otherwise I think the only difference is the location. 053 is below the Lido buffet (but the carpeted area which should not pose noise issues), while 107 is above the Ocean Bar (may have have noise in the evenings). Like the fact that 107 is near the forward elevator.[/QUOTE]

We had one of these cabins on the Maasdam once. No difference in size. Amenities as listed above - yoga mats were hidden under the bed, the water feature was broken according to stewards and not in the cabin (OK with us as we did not need to hear running water), no docking station. But we did receive a plate of fresh fruit every day. Also, cabin is forward so convenient to running up to the spa. Enjoy your cruise.