Bringing snack foods(diabetic)

New2cruising2011

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place I don't know where else to ask.

I'm newly diagnosed type 2 diabetic. I am slowly getting ok control with a low carb way of eating. I need to eat a snack just before bed and a few times a day. Can I bring a cooler on Carnival already filled with ice,low carb yogurts, cheese sticks and hummus when I board? These items have been my go to snack that don't send my blood sugars high. My PVP is no help.

Thanks in advance!

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place I don't know where else to ask.

I'm newly diagnosed type 2 diabetic. I am slowly getting ok control with a low carb way of eating. I need to eat a snack just before bed and a few times a day. Can I bring a cooler on Carnival already filled with ice,low carb yogurts, cheese sticks and hummus when I board? These items have been my go to snack that don't send my blood sugars high. My PVP is no help.

Thanks in advance!

Generally speaking cruise lines will allow you to bring on snacks provided its in the original unopened packaging. Re: cooler of ice not certain is that's acceptable. If it were me I would empty the ice from the cooler before entering the pier and refill it once on board.

IMPORTANT : you can only take the snacks of the ship while in port it still in its original unopened packaging.

Edited by xxoocruiser

Carnival only allows coolers no larger than 12x12x12 onboard. If you have a hard sided cooler they will confiscate anything larger than those dimensions at embarkation.

Many will PACK a soft sided cooler.

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you! I have brought this cooler before just not filled with ice and perishable food. I have e-mailed carnival but haven't heard back yet. :)

I don't know about Carnival but on Royal Caribbean you can request a "medication fridge" so if Carnival has something like this you could ask for it in your cabin to keep your food in. Contact the special needs dept if they have one(by phone call). Emails are slow to respond and most of the time you may get a person who really will have only generic answers.

I don't know about hummus and yogurt but there will be plenty of cheese onboard.

Edited by Marie51

• 3 weeks later...