Arrival time for Breakaway Cruise

ALS1214

I live in NY,I would not park at the pier it will cost 0ver $35 per day and your car is parked outdoors.We just came back from a cruise on the Gem this past week and used a parking Co. called" Valet anywhere" they were great.They will meet you at the pier help you unload the car drive it to a secure indoor parking garage and will pick you up when you return.Check them out on the Web.

Another alternative to parking at the pier ($280 for a week), is Park Right at 670 W 43rd St. You reserve online, pull up to their lot, one of their drivers delivers you to the pier and unloads your luggage, then takes your car to their lot. A week is $175.

What is a good time to arrive at the pier... To board???

I just activated the My NCL account on their webpage. After completing all the information, there was a drop down menu to choose an arrival time. As of today, the earlier arrival time is 12:30pm.

Hope that helps

Parking at the pier is $40 per day.

I have found that getting there before 10 gives you good choice of spots. When I arrived at 11:30, I had to park way down near the end. I've never shown up later than that, but judging by all the people parked on the road they do fill up.

Arriving early gives you an earlier boarding number. They typically start boarding between 11:30 and noon. There's a large waiting area that is also usually FULL by 11am.

On the other hand, if you show up after 1pm then the crowds are usually out of the terminal and onto the ship. If you want to take your chances with parking (or you have a reservation somewhere), maybe try a later arrival. If you're coming from Boston, I would recommend you try for no later than a 2pm arrival time in case you run into traffic along the way and are delayed.

Edited by Valen9

I just activated the My NCL account on their webpage. After completing all the information, there was a drop down menu to choose an arrival time. As of today, the earlier arrival time is 12:30pm.

Hope that helps

Oddly enough, departure time is 3:00PM, and you need to be on the ship 2 hours in advance, which means if you get there after 1pm, it could be a problem. That's not a very wide time frame. I plan on getting there around 11am...not taking any chances!

We are hoping to be there between 10:30-11:00. Another question is how they board. I've seen YouTube videos of people lined up outside. With real feel temps being- 5 I hope that's going to stink. In Boston we board from the building .

We are hoping to be there between 10:30-11:00. Another question is how they board. I've seen YouTube videos of people lined up outside. With real feel temps being- 5 I hope that's going to stink. In Boston we board from the building .

Manhattan Cruise Terminal boarding - you get a group number when you check in and then you wait in one of the sitting areas. Boarding usually begins between 11:30 - 12. A group number is called, you hand in your ticket walk out of the building, down the outside to the covered ramp. Up the ramp to level 7 where you are met with music, smiles, balloons. (And generally told to head for the Garden Cafe for lunch, but O'Sheehans and one of the dining rooms will be open and both are much less crazy busy.)