Cozumel - no excursion what to do

Shellinut

We always go to Nachi Cocum.

All food and all drinks included for $55 per person. They only take 100 people so it is quiet and relaxing. You will need to book it online to reserve your spot. Very nice with a beautiful pool and beach area.

We will be back there for our 4th time in March...

Edited by GTO-Girl

My husband and I stayed at a resort at Cozumel. I would recommend you take a left down the street off the pier, walk about a block to a place that rents jeeps. I'm thinking about $75 rental, not sure. We drove to the other side of the island and spent the day on our own private beach. With a jeep, you'll be able to stop along the way and buy drinks for your day trip.

We've been to Cozumel several times and we've done a few different things. We rented a jeep the first time and rode around the island. Not sure that I would do that again since I've heard several horror stories of people having wrecks and it being a bad deal. We've been to Paradise Beach three times and enjoyed it every time. Of all the things that we've done in Cozumel, this past year had to be our favorite when we did the Amazing Cozumel Race. This was so much fun!!!

We will be in Cozumel again at the end of September and we're looking at Playa Mia just for something different. We like the fact that it has a small waterpark and isn't just the beach and water toys.

Whatever you decide, I'm sure you'll have a great time. Cozumel is one of our favorite ports.

On our last visit we took a taxi on our own to Chankanaab National Beach. We paid for day passes and brought our own snorkel gear with us. There were waiters were on the beach serving us drinks and food. It was fabulous!

I second this. Chankanaab is wonderful. A great, easy way to spend the day and it's not that expensive.

I'm having a hard time deciding what to do this time in Coz too. Will have the kids with me 22, 17 & 15. Thought about taking the twister boat over to passion island. I've done it before and loved the ride but think the kids would get a bit bored unless we paid to do the water toys and the water there seems to be pretty seaweedy and dirty from the reviews lately.

We are in port from 8-5 maybe it would be an all inclusive with the longer hours. Would have to be something that options for the kids. DD doesn't want to just sit on the beach all day. She wants to do something.

We've been to Cozumel several times and we've done a few different things. We rented a jeep the first time and rode around the island. Not sure that I would do that again since I've heard several horror stories of people having wrecks and it being a bad deal. We've been to Paradise Beach three times and enjoyed it every time. Of all the things that we've done in Cozumel, this past year had to be our favorite when we did the Amazing Cozumel Race. This was so much fun!!!

We will be in Cozumel again at the end of September and we're looking at Playa Mia just for something different. We like the fact that it has a small waterpark and isn't just the beach and water toys.

Whatever you decide, I'm sure you'll have a great time. Cozumel is one of our favorite ports.

I can only comment on what I have experienced in Cozumel, and I did very much enjoy Playa Mia. We did go there 6 years ago, but it was an awesome day. Booked it through the ship (but I don't think Carnival has that one anymore in its excursions), but easy enough to get to with a taxi, not far from the pier.

Years before that I would always take a cab down to the city "San Miguel", and just wander around, shop, stop at a restaurant. Going again next week, but sadly am in poor physical condition, so have to stick to the pier area, but still definitely getting off the ship. I love Cozumel.:)

I do recommend Playa Mia.

You can visit the ruins at San Gervasio on the north end, visit the Cozumel Museum downtown, visit El Cedral, visit the light house or go to a beach club. We prefer Mr. Sanchos. We have also done day passes at El Cid, the Melia and the Occidental Grand. Or you can go over to the Eastern side of the island and visit some of the beaches there. I recommend getting a driver if you want to do this.

If you rent a car the driver must absolutely not drink. If you are in an accident and have been drinking, the insurance does not cover you and you may end up in jail.

I'm having a hard time deciding what to do this time in Coz too. Will have the kids with me 22, 17 & 15. Thought about taking the twister boat over to passion island. I've done it before and loved the ride but think the kids would get a bit bored unless we paid to do the water toys and the water there seems to be pretty seaweedy and dirty from the reviews lately.

We are in port from 8-5 maybe it would be an all inclusive with the longer hours. Would have to be something that options for the kids. DD doesn't want to just sit on the beach all day. She wants to do something.

I was there last month with my teenage boys 16 and 18. We did the wave runner, snorkel and beach excursion. A total blast. Your boys will LOVE the wave runners. They are fast and you get about a mile from shore in water a couple hundred feet deep. FYI they never asked for our drivers license, so if your 15 year old looks the part. The snorkeling and beach was so-so, but the wave runners were worth the price by themselves.

Another vote for Chankanaab! The seal show, which is included, is surprisingly cute. The snorkeling is OK but there is definitely better snorkeling elsewhere on the island. Plenty of chairs, wait service on the sand, and the restaurant is pretty good as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I have been to Cozumel one previous time and I didn't do anything besides shop in the port. My wife and I will be going back in October and we are thinking of not doing an excursion but what else is there to do around the port? Thanks!

We rented a Jeep once and went around the Island. It's pretty easy to do as there is only one main road that goes around. There are also several beach clubs nearby. Also, you can take a taxi to the San Gervasio ruins. But if you stay around port, it's shopping pretty much.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

We rented a Jeep once and went around the Island. It's pretty easy to do as there is only one main road that goes around. There are also several beach clubs nearby. Also, you can take a taxi to the San Gervasio ruins. But if you stay around port, it's shopping pretty much.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Be sure to take bug spray if you go to the ruins. The mosquitos are awful there, but the ruins although small are interesting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

No need to over pay for excursions on the boat . The local tour operators will get you back on time. We go to Cozumel quite often. It is a great place to explore on your own. Some great suggestions above. Also you might look into the Nautilus submarine. We have done this a couple of times, the last time was in August with our two oldest grandkids. We also like to just go see the town away from the main tourist area or go to the other side of the island. We discovered there are some crocadiles on the island. Cozumel is a great place and very safe. Just take a watch and make sure it is set to ship time and know for sure what time your ship sails. And if you are late, your fellow pax always enjoy the pier runners. Enjoy!