Airline schedule change

OceanMonarch

We have just been notified of a flight schedule change on American Airlines for our upcoming Christmas cruise. Our nonstop flight now departs at 10.19 am and AA do not consider the change significant enough to allow us to choose a suitable later flight with a stopover.

My question is - with express disembarkation at Miami are we likely to make this flight ? How long does customs/immigration take? How readily available are taxis? I realize there is always the possibility of late docking etc. Just trying to find out readers personal experience at Miami before contacting AA again.

Politely demand to speak to a supervisor.

I called AA again and politely explained the situation (exactly the same information that I had given initially) and this time the agent was willing to look at suitable alternatives. Although, we were not able to change to an arrival airport with more convenient times closer to our home, she did change the reservation to a later connecting flight.

We arrive quite late now but at least she made the change. So, thanks to everyone on CC - perseverance and great advice pays.:)

Now, I just have to get up for work the next morning!

I called AA again and politely explained the situation (exactly the same information that I had given initially) and this time the agent was willing to look at suitable alternatives. Although, we were not able to change to an arrival airport with more convenient times closer to our home, she did change the reservation to a later connecting flight.

We arrive quite late now but at least she made the change. So, thanks to everyone on CC - perseverance and great advice pays.:)

Now, I just have to get up for work the next morning!

Not really surprised. Congratulations.

From my experience you cannot change the departure or arrival portion of the ticket, so I believe you did good. I am not sure why the first Agent could not help you given the situation, but that does happen.

Now, enjoy your cruise.

We have just been notified of a flight schedule change on American Airlines for our upcoming Christmas cruise. Our nonstop flight now departs at 10.19 am and AA do not consider the change significant enough to allow us to choose a suitable later flight with a stopover.

My question is - with express disembarkation at Miami are we likely to make this flight ? How long does customs/immigration take? How readily available are taxis? I realize there is always the possibility of late docking etc. Just trying to find out readers personal experience at Miami before contacting AA again.

Had flights SXM to Miami to Tampa. Received an email saying that my flight would be leaving SXM an hour sooner. (approximately 9am rather than 10)

I explained that I didn't want to cut things that short since I heard customs/immigration at Miami was awful. Had to try hard, but person I spoke with finally talked to her supervisor and permitted us to change to SXM to CLT for connection rather than to Miami since schedule was much better for us.

I'd rather hang out in airport longer rather than have the stress of trying to get off ship and rushing to airport. Too many "what ifs" which would make me crazy.

Glad it worked out for you. Sometimes, it's just a matter of speaking with confidence and authority. If you know what you should be getting (reasonably speaking), then it's easier to sound confident. Have a safe flight and a great cruise!

Thank you, to everyone. I truly appreciate all of your sound advice:)