Referral coupon issue - not applied

apuleius

It has always shown up in our final cruise booklet with the cruise ticket. On page 21 there is statement under the title "Onboard Services -- Mr.Chairsin has a shipboard credit of $200/ Mrs. Chairsin has a shipboard credit of $200."

Thanks to this forum, I received a first-timer referral coupon from another CC member. I couriered the completed coupon to Seabourn last week and today our TA notified me that $400 OBC had been applied to our booking. I'm impressed that it was applied so promptly. So far we're very happy with Seabourn and we haven't set foot on the ship yet. :):)

I have just had a coupon refused as my referral pax were on interline discount. Wish these exceptions were detailed a little more clearly as I am afraid I have left these people disappointed.

What is interline discount please?

From my understanding, it is a discount from within travel industry, airlines, TA's etc.

In my recent case it was passengers, who worked for an airline and had a discount by that means.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks to this forum, I received a first-timer referral coupon from another CC member. I couriered the completed coupon to Seabourn last week and today our TA notified me that $400 OBC had been applied to our booking. I'm impressed that it was applied so promptly. So far we're very happy with Seabourn and we haven't set foot on the ship yet. :):)

MightyQuinn,

If you see this can you please email me, I have lost your email address and want to know if you got your 400 dollars? and when was it applied. I have not had anything through from Seabourn!!!

Thanks

Edited by LEESRE

MightyQuinn,If you see this can you please email me, I have lost your email address and want to know if you got your 400 dollars? and when was it applied. I have not had anything through from Seabourn!!!
Hi LEESRE - $400 OBC was applied to our booking a few days after I couriered the coupon to Seattle. Our TA let us know on July 15. I did email to let you know when I sent in the coupon (received an away auto reply) and then again after the OBC was credited to say thanks! I'll forward those to you again. Let me know if you receive them. Thanks again.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes. So it's $400 plus the $100 or $250, depending in the cruise duration, as per Carnival shareholder benefits terms for the year.

The only time I have not seen these applied as a policy matter is when the passenger has some kind of travel industry-only deeply discounted fare.

Happy sailing!

• 4 weeks later...
I referred someone who had an ineligible (trade discount) rate. The criteria is strict and not always obvious.

Still have 2 coupons for someone...

I'm a first time Seabourn and just paid in full for 2 cabins - would love to use the referral coupons if not too late since I paid in full to the TA a week ago mapowers at comcast dot net

I'm a first time Seabourn and just paid in full for 2 cabins - would love to use the referral coupons if not too late since I paid in full to the TA a week ago mapowers at comcast dot net

Please do check the 'sticky' thread at the top of the Seabourn section. There are always plenty of referral coupons on offer there, and it is the 'designated' place for such transactions. Enjoy your first SB cruise, I'm sure you will love every moment of it.