Photography at Academia

hexdragon

Are we allowed to take photos at the Academia? I have been told that it is allowed in only certain rooms.

BTW: I have to supply a time when I prebook the admission tickets. How strict are they? I'm on a walking tour with a three hour "free time" but have no idea when that is...

We were last in Academia on October 30, 2014 and there was no problem whatever in taking pictures without flash of David - as I did not use flash I do not know if you were not supposed to take with flash. I cannot remember clearly about whether there were restrictions in other parts of the Academia but I did take some pictures - again, all without using any flash.

I assume that the statues are OK to take a picture of, just not the paintings. The flash will dull the pigments over time...

BTW: I wrote to Ufizzi.org about the tickets. They responded back stating that they give you 20 minutes leeway and then the tickets expire. But on a good note he said there was hardly any line for the Medici chapel...

I assume that the statues are OK to take a picture of, just not the paintings. The flash will dull the pigments over time...

Definitely a good idea to know how to turn your camera's flash off. Many museums allow non-flash photography.

We visited the Uffizi and the Academia on July 10 . . . both allow photography, just no flash. The tickets are sold with a 15 min. window although we were allowed to enter the Academia about 10 minutes before our official window opened. (Fewer people pre-purchase tickets there.) We had first tickets of the day at the Uffizi and it was nice because we had at least some time to enjoy the paintings without being part of a herd of people.