Livorno shuttle bus

First cruise lady

Hi. We'll be in Livorno in a few weeks on a cruise and were thinking of getting the train to Florence. We're cruising with NCL, who I understand provide a shuttle bus to the station. Can anyone tell me how often that goes and if you need to pre-book it? Thanks for any help.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Hi. We'll be in Livorno in a few weeks on a cruise and were thinking of getting the train to Florence. We're cruising with NCL, who I understand provide a shuttle bus to the station. Can anyone tell me how often that goes and if you need to pre-book it? Thanks for any help.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

The shuttle bus will bring you from the ship to the city centre of Livorno, near Piazza Grande. From there you can take bus line 1 of 2 to the train station.

The shuttle bus will bring you from the ship to the city centre of Livorno, near Piazza Grande. From there you can take bus line 1 of 2 to the train station.

NCL is one of the few lines (perhaps the only one) that has a shuttle to the train station, as others have posted. Were you on NCL, and if so, so recently?

NCL is one of the few lines (perhaps the only one) that has a shuttle to the train station, as others have posted. Were you on NCL, and if so, so recently?

I was on Costa and Celebrity in Livorno. Both didn't offer a shuttle to the train station.

with NCL there's no need - as per the OP's post, they offer a shuttle direct between ship & rail station. :)

Probably best to pre-book on-board.

Sorry, can't help re frequency

JB :)

Our Celebrity Cruise had a bus from the ship to the Town Center.

(We got on the bus around 7:09am)

From the Town Center to the train station was about a 20 minute walk.

(We were told to buy bus tickets right away but that was a waste of time)

I did not see any city buses runing that early - at least from the port/city center area to the train station.

We wanted to catch the 7:43 train but missed it. We easily made the 8:12 train.

On our way home, we caught a bus (#1?) from the train station that got us back to the city center about 5:55pm.

• 4 weeks later...
I'm assuming, because nobody has mentioned any charge, the shuttle that NCL provides direct to the Train station is free?

Simple answer is NO.

Probably about $15 pp.

Over-priced, of course. But peanuts compared to your overall cruise costs.

Cost-wise it'd be cheaper to share a large taxi (holds up to 8 passengers). But perhaps simpler to bite the bullet because you can't be sure of the availability of taxis.

JB :)