Outside excursions and time of docking

amydresh

I am leaving out of NOLA and will be in Grand Cayman on Jan 19 docking at 7 a.m. I am trying to book an excursion outside of Carnival for the stingrays. They confirmed our reservation and said to meet at 8:15. Everything I have read here says that we will be on CST and stay on CST zone for the duration of our cruise. I have tried telling this to the person at the tour and she is insistent that according to port authorities that we dock at 7 a.m. Grand Cayman time and we have plenty of time to make it to our meeting for the tour. So are they correct and we will be docking at 7 GC time or will be docking at 7 CST? Right now Grand Cayman is on CST, do they practice daylight savings? If they do then I guess the lady at the tour place is correct.

Edited by amydresh

So then they would be an hour behind CST time which is the time that the ship leaving NOLA would be using?

That's a question you need to ask your cruise line, or in your cruise line forum with regards to your specific ship. Some ships stay on the home port time, some switch clocks to match each port.

But if it's 8am in Cayman at that time of year, I think it would be only 7am in NOLA.

That's a question you need to ask your cruise line, or in your cruise line forum with regards to your specific ship. Some ships stay on the home port time, some switch clocks to match each port.

But if it's 8am in Cayman at that time of year, I think it would be only 7am in NOLA.

Well according to everything I've been reading, the ship will be staying on CST for the whole cruise. (Carnival ships do not ever change times from the embarkation port) If Cayman Islands is on EST now, then when we move an hour back for daylight savings, then what time would it be in GC in Jan? I am soooo confused by all of this!

Well according to everything I've been reading, the ship will be staying on CST for the whole cruise. (Carnival ships do not ever change times from the embarkation port) If Cayman Islands is on EST now, then when we move an hour back for daylight savings, then what time would it be in GC in Jan? I am soooo confused by all of this!

Use this site:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

Thank you, that was very helpful! So according to this site, we are docking at 8 a.m. GC time and the port authorities are telling this tour site incorrectly the time of docking. This is so frustrating. I really wanted to go with this company but they are adamant that we are docking at the same time as their time zone and won't change the time of the tour. I guess I will have to stick with the original company we had booked with, they were understanding that we were docking an hour later than their time and gave me a time that worked with our docking.

As I understand it, if you dock at 7am NOLA time in January it should be 8am in Cayman. Cayman will be on EST and your ship will be on CST.

However, it could be that your ship is arriving earlier, and will actually be arriving at 7am port time rather than 7am ship time...

Edited by bookbabe