al-anon on equinox??

icecreammv

If I'm not mistaken, "friends of Bill W" is the name used by Cruise lines and others to indicate AA, as Bill W was the founder of AA. My SIL has attended such meetings onboard when she has sailed.

Friends of Bill- I hear serve as a good substitute...:) thanks

Friends of Bill/AA is for addicts...and most people that go to Al-Anon don't go to AA meetings because the content is completely different.

If I'm not mistaken, "friends of Bill W" is the name used by Cruise lines and others to indicate AA, as Bill W was the founder of AA. My SIL has attended such meetings onboard when she has sailed.

You are correct.

I have been a friend of Bill for almost 29 years. I have been on many cruises, and almost always go to one of the first meetings to see who might need a resouce.

I am very familiar with Al Anon, as I used to be a member when I was dating someone in AA, and would welcome their members to the meetings on board. The content of the AA versus Al Anon meetings might be a bit different, but the concept of the 12 step program is similar.

Regardless, I have never seen any indication that they are not open meetings and anyone is welcome to attend.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl

my husband and I were on the 5/23 solstice sailing and my husband said the AA meetings were well attended and I would have been more than welcome at any of them but no there are no al-anon meetings

Friends of Bill W meetings are for recovering parties and Al-Anon is for anyone personally affected by the recovering party's addiction.

I believe that you are correct, but my prior professional experience with Al-anon was with the mates of those affected, however I am certain that that would not prohibit participation by others affected.

I believe that you are correct, but my prior professional experience with Al-anon was with the mates of those affected, however I am certain that that would not prohibit participation by others affected.

Not everyone has a mate, but friends, extended family, children, parents, relatives, co-workers, etc., may greatly benefit by attending Al-Anon or Alateen meetings.

• 5 years later...
Yea, I saw that, but I'm sure the info (Lois/Dorothy) is still the same. :) Thanks!

Actually there is a major difference from five years ago. Celebrity still puts meeting times, place for Friends of Bill meetings in the dailies. They do not do this anymore for various affinity groups such as Friends of Dorothy. You have to go to the bulletin board to find info about those groups.

And if you would like to start meetings for a group not currently listed there, speak to Guest Relations and you can usually be added. They can check the schedules and find out if there are any venues open for you. They will then add your meeting to the Community Board.