Sunshine cruisers - What not to miss - what should I miss?

GeorgiaMomof4

DH and I have just booked a last minute trip on the Sunshine going to Key West, Nassau and Freeport. Taking our youngest 2 kids with us on this trip.

Tell me some things on the ship that I should not miss and also the things I shouldn't worry about missing.

Also, any info on ports would be nice as well.

We've been to Nassau so might do a day pass at a hotel somewhere there but have never been to Key West or Freeport.

This will have to be a laid back trip as I'll be recuperating from surgery on this cruise.

Bring it on fellow CCer's!

Don't miss the Epic Rock show, Guy's Burgers, JiJi's at lunch. Don't miss the great dining area behind the Lido Marketplace. At night it is only available for guests who book JiJi's or the Italian restaurant, but at breakfast and lunch, anyone can sit back there. Some really lovely views and generally very uncrowded. Do not miss Seaday Brunch.

We were not impressed by the Latin Nights show. I personally did not care for the Blue Iguana breakfast burrito, but that was just my personal taste.

You can do the Hop on Hop off trolley in Key West. It's cheaper to book directly with the provider when you get there than to book through Carnival. Key West is a lovely place and that tour gives you a nice sampling of attractions.

Some of my favorite things on the Sunshine involved the food. Try room service, if just for dessert. Try the Pasta Bar and the Cuban food in the back of the ship. The water slides are fun, but take a nose plug. There are some adult only game shows that are hilarious: Battle of the Sexes, Love and Marriage, Liars Club. On one clear evening, go to the very front of deck 6 and look up at the stars. (You hair will blow everywhere, so be prepared.) It was so peaceful and beautiful. We actually did that several nights. (When you get to the front of the ship, you will have to go out a door on the side in order to go up front. ) You might want to take a flashlight to use until your eyes adjust to the darkness. Go to Alchemy Bar on the last sea day to watch them make martinis. It is amazing. I have some photos in my review that is attached to my signature. I hope you have a wonderful time.

Hey GeorgiaMom! My group will be on the same cruise...so excited! We're doing the hop on hop off trolley in Key West...we found a Groupon for it that got us two tickets for $36...huge savings. Not sure if it still available, but might be worth checking out!

Hey GeorgiaMom! My group will be on the same cruise...so excited! We're doing the hop on hop off trolley in Key West...we found a Groupon for it that got us two tickets for $36...huge savings. Not sure if it still available, but might be worth checking out!

Hi! Great to hear from a fellow traveler! This is our first time to Key West so we aren't really sure what we're going to do. We were thinking about the Hop on Hop off though! I noticed on Carnival's website there are several hop on hop off tours. Which one did you get through Groupon?

Have you been on the roll call for our sailing? If not - go there and we can communicate through it!

Only 18 more days!