Orlando airport to port

The one way car rental seems to be the most popular option......

But if you don't want to do that you could do a pre-arranged shuttle such as Cortans, Cocoa Beach Shuttle, Travelynx or Executive VIP Limo.

I hope you have a wonderful cruise!!!

One-way car rental from MCO to PC/Cocoa Beach should be $50 or under and is an easy 1-hour drive. All of the major car rental agencies are located in PC/Cocoa Beach.

The car gives you the flexibility to stay where you want and dine where you want. The next morning drop the car off and ride the free shuttle to the port.

Post cruise unless you have a late flight (after about 2:00) I would not bother with a car rental - you do not have time to mess around with shuttles, stoipping for gas etc. Use one of the shuttles suggested above.

Is the best and/or cheapest way to get from the Orlando airport to the port still to rent a car? It seems to me we did that a few years ago since Taxi's are expensive. We have 3 people. Please advise. Thanks

I would go for the car rental, the price should be pretty reasonable. Extremely easy drive, as mentioned should take max an hour with just a couple toll booths.

My family and i (two kids and two adults) sometimes fly down to Orlando for cruises, and I can say that the car rentals or shuttle reservations are both pretty comfortable and easy. Not to mention the prices are better than any other options you'll find. I agree with JohninDC thouhg: don't do car rental back! we almost missed our flight once and we went with a shuttle company both times after that

I would go for the car rental, the price should be pretty reasonable. Extremely easy drive, as mentioned should take max an hour with just a couple toll booths.

I have never done toll booths. Are toll roads required and how do you pay? Sorry I'm from Arizona where we don't pay toll fees.

Also, does anyone have information on best rental car companies to use that won't charge a fee to drop off at another location? I looked up Thrifty online and they add a $50 charge to pick up at MCO and drop off at Cape Canaveral. If that's the case then I would likely take a shuttle instead.

:(

I have never done toll booths. Are toll roads required and how do you pay? Sorry I'm from Arizona where we don't pay toll fees.

Also, does anyone have information on best rental car companies to use that won't charge a fee to drop off at another location? I looked up Thrifty online and they add a $50 charge to pick up at MCO and drop off at Cape Canaveral. If that's the case then I would likely take a shuttle instead.

I use quarters to pay the tolls - it is not worth the fee to have the rental company pay the toll and then bill you.

Compare rental companies on your favorite travel web site. Most FLA locations do not charge for one-way rentals :), but you may not qualify for the lowest rates. www dot carrentals dot com is one I have had luck with over the years. Check some of the WDW boards where FLA discount codes for car rentals are often posted.

Have a great cruise!

Unfortunately in Central Florida you pretty much have to use toll roads to get anywhere. And the 528 (known also as "The Beach Line" takes you from the airport to the cruise ports. It's a straight shot.

The good news is it's only $2 cash each way. There are no more than three toll booths to travel through. It might even be just two booths. Bring some quarters and you'll be fine. Take the north exit from the airport, then head east on 528. 45 minutes later you'll see the signs for the ships.

they picked us up at Ground Transportation Level 1 - just down the stairs from the baggage claim. They told us the parking spot - very easy to find. There were people on the shuttle when they stopped for us (so they must stop at a hotel). We went straight to the port from the airport. We made reservations but they do not take money at that time. They had a list of people who they were picking up and as soon as everyone was there we left. Actually left earlier than the assigned time since we were there.

DON"T. DO NOT. NO! Don't rent Thrifty!!!!!!!! We rented from them in June and it was the worst experience EVER!!!! My husband and I travel quite a bit for both personal and business. I don't normally say anything about any hotel, rental car, or other customer service (since that's the business that we're in), but I have never left an establishment feeling like I'd been swindled. Everything was extra and a simple rental that was fairly inexpensive turned into a $400 car rental!