Gym on Embarkation

SquishTheWhale

I heard that the spa area doesn't open until the evening of embarkation day, and I was wondering if the Gym is open? My fiancée is a gym nut and as he will have had to go a whole 24 hours without a session :rolleyes: while we travel, I predict he will want to hit up the gym on board on embarkation day (obviously I will make sure he doesn't go when the muster drill is due!). So will it be open for him? We are on the Epic from Barcelona in Jan which sails at 7pm if that helps.

Edited by SquishTheWhale

Thanks all- helpful to know it's open! And I agree with you- my priorities on embarkation day will be cold and fruity and come in a souvenir glass. But he's impossible if he has more than one 'rest' day from the gym. (Although I might join him later once those buffet trips start to take their toll...)

I heard that the spa area doesn't open until the evening of embarkation day, and I was wondering if the Gym is open? My fiancée is a gym nut and as he will have had to go a whole 24 hours without a session :rolleyes: while we travel, I predict he will want to hit up the gym on board on embarkation day (obviously I will make sure he doesn't go when the muster drill is due!). So will it be open for him? We are on the Epic from Barcelona in Jan which sails at 7pm if that helps.

The gym is available as soon as you board. Epic has a large gym with lots of different equipment (we were on the Epic last week). BUT,,,, until the lifeboat drill and sail away, there will be a lot of "tour groups" going through the facility and they usually do a spa raffle in there right after sailing.

Your fiancée could be the center of a lot of attention and part of a lot of people's photo library for the cruise :D

The gym is available as soon as you board. Epic has a large gym with lots of different equipment (we were on the Epic last week). BUT,,,, until the lifeboat drill and sail away, there will be a lot of "tour groups" going through the facility and they usually do a spa raffle in there right after sailing.

Your fiancée could be the center of a lot of attention and part of a lot of people's photo library for the cruise :D

Ha, he'll like that! However, this spa raffle sounds interesting- do I have to sign up on embarkation for a chance to win?

Ha, he'll like that! However, this spa raffle sounds interesting- do I have to sign up on embarkation for a chance to win?

Yes. You sign up when you get on the ship and they will let you know when the raffle starts.