Seattle express vs Seattle shuttle-Help!

Retired 07

Both companies have received positive reviews on this forum.

Use 'SEARCH THIS FORUM' on each vendor if you want to read past comments.

IMHO .... it's a 30 minute bus ride to an airport, so as long as the reviews are good I'd go with the cheapest price.

Edited by mapleleaves

We need transportation from Pier 91 to Sea-Tac next week. Seattle Express is $12/pp, and Seattle shuttle is $22/pp...Why such a difference in cost? Is the service the same?

DW and went on an Alaskan cruise in 2009. We used Shuttle Express for transportation post cruise. They were prompt and waiting for us at the time that we said we would be there. The car was clean and the driver was professional. The car pulled away from the pier and we started our tour. A few blocks down the road the car went up an incline, hit the axle on the road and it broke. The company did make sure that we had a replacement vehicle (not in the same "class" but life goes on). The issue that I have was not with the car or the fact that the car broke down, but with the way that the manager handed the situation. He came with the replacement van and accused myself, my wife and mother in law for being partially to blame because we are of the fluffy persuasion (we are all overweight). He insisted that our weight and the weight of the six pieces of luggage were too much and not part of the original contract. He choose to have this disagreement with us on the busy street. The company made sure that we had transport for the remainder of our time as I said before even though he insisted we had not lived up to our part of the contract (which had been a contract for 4 people in one limo). I would recommend that you steer clear of Shuttle Express, but as others have said, they have had great success with them.

We used Seattle Express last week to take 8 of us from Pier 66 to the airport. I called before our trip and made a reservation. Matt responded promptly, answered my questions and sent me a confirmation. Seattle Express uses shuttle bus instead of the coach bus that it looked like Shuttle Express uses. No problems at all. They had a coordinator outside with a list of passengers. He checked us off, we waited five minutes for the next shuttle (they have one leaving every 15 minutes) and off to the airport we went.

We disembarked at 9:00 AM, got our bags, got on the shuttle and got to the airport before 10:30 AM for a 1:30 PM. I don't think there is any issue with getting there for a 12:30 flight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by ml1411

Our flight is at 12:15. What time do you think we should disembark? We'll probably go with Seattle Express.

It's a 1/2 hr drive from pier 91 to Seatac, but give it an hour due to hwy and tunnel construction, road closures, city events and the usual seattle congestion.

Assuming your flight is domestic you need to be at the airport 2 hrs prior.

So .... backing into that, you should disembark around 9:15/9:30am.

Thanks everybody! I talked with Matt today and booked with Seattle Express. I think that we can get off the ship between 8:30 and 9:00 and not have a problem with our 12:15 flight. We're using luggage direct, so we won't even have to search for our suitcases! or have to check them in at the airport. It's our 1st time using this, and it sounds like a good deal.

Edited by Retired 07

• 7 months later...
seattle express specializes in shuttle from seatac area hotels where shuttle express goes anywhere in king, pierce and snohomish county. Seattle express has a good following.

I'd like to use Seattle Express both from SeaTac to Pier 91 and Pier 91 to SeaTac. They do pick up from SeaTac right?

We used Seattle Express last week to take 8 of us from Pier 66 to the airport. I called before our trip and made a reservation. Matt responded promptly, answered my questions and sent me a confirmation. Seattle Express uses shuttle bus instead of the coach bus that it looked like Shuttle Express uses. No problems at all. They had a coordinator outside with a list of passengers. He checked us off, we waited five minutes for the next shuttle (they have one leaving every 15 minutes) and off to the airport we went.

We disembarked at 9:00 AM, got our bags, got on the shuttle and got to the airport before 10:30 AM for a 1:30 PM. I don't think there is any issue with getting there for a 12:30 flight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do you happen to have the phone number to Seattle Express. I googled it and I get a long list of everything but Seattle Express!

I'd like to use Seattle Express both from SeaTac to Pier 91 and Pier 91 to SeaTac. They do pick up from SeaTac right?

NO, Seattle Express does not pick up at the airport.

They partner with specific hotels to transfer to the piers. And after the cruise they transfer people to either the airport or a hotel.

Shuttle Express has the service from airport and the piers.

NO, Seattle Express does not pick up at the airport.

They partner with specific hotels to transfer to the piers. And after the cruise they transfer people to either the airport or a hotel.

Shuttle Express has the service from airport and the piers.

Thanks Mapleleaves. Our original plan was to take a cab from SeaTac to Pier 91 since our flight lands at 9:30am the morning of our cruise. I'll stick with that, but will book Seattle Express for our trip from Pier 91 to SeaTac.

I don't want to take any chances since we're flying in the day of. Does anyone happen to know approximately what a cab costs from SeaTac to Pier 91?

Thanks Mapleleaves. Our original plan was to take a cab from SeaTac to Pier 91 since our flight lands at 9:30am the morning of our cruise. I'll stick with that, but will book Seattle Express for our trip from Pier 91 to SeaTac.

I don't want to take any chances since we're flying in the day of. Does anyone happen to know approximately what a cab costs from SeaTac to Pier 91?

The cheapest option is probably the flat rate cab company ....http://www.eastsideforhire.com

They're $29 to downtown so probably $35 to pier 91, about a 30 minute ride.

The rate will be on their web site.

I've used them several times from the airport. If you have a reservation, you call them when you have collected your luggage .... they'll give you their car number and meet you at the curb.

The cheapest option is probably the flat rate cab company ....http://www.eastsideforhire.com

They're $29 to downtown so probably $35 to pier 91, about a 30 minute ride.

The rate will be on their web site.

I've used them several times from the airport. If you have a reservation, you call them when you have collected your luggage .... they'll give you their car number and meet you at the curb.

Thanks again Mapleleaves. I have their number and checked their price. It's showing $35.00. It's very reasonable. I'll call them this week to set it up. :)