Barefoot Beach Cabanas

cincicruisers

Our friends will be booking a Barefoot beach cabana...they are in an owners suite. There are four additional people who are non-suite. Will there be a problem with the non-suite passengers joining them in these cabanas?

Our friends will be booking a Barefoot beach cabana...they are in an owners suite. There are four additional people who are non-suite. Will there be a problem with the non-suite passengers joining them in these cabanas?

We have a Barefoot Beach (BB) cabana reserved for the first time during our August 2015 Oasis sailing. We're staying in a GS and began reaching out to current concierge in Dec/Jan to see about reserving one. I know that as he was confirming our reservation, he asked to whose SeaPass/reservation ID the fee would be charged. He also asked how many people would be using the cabana, as well as the names and cabin numbers of each guest who would need access. My understanding from the concierge and reading other CC posts, is any non-suite guests then are added to an access list to enable entrance into BB.

Edited by SuzD123

We have a Barefoot Beach (BB) cabana reserved for the first time during our August 2015 Oasis sailing. We're staying in a GS and began reaching out to current concierge in Dec/Jan to see about reserving one. I know that as he was confirming our reservation, he asked to whose SeaPass/reservation ID the fee would be charged. He also asked how many people would be using the cabana, as well as the names and cabin numbers of each guest who would need access. My understanding from the concierge and reading other CC posts, is any non-suite guests then are added to an access list to enable entrance into BB.

Thank you for your post.

This is the first I have heard of reserving a cabana so far out when in a suite.

Nice to know that the concierge can assist when the cruise is weeks away.

Have a great vacation.

LOVE Labadee, cannot wait till we are there.

Thank you

• 4 weeks later...

I like the over the water cabanas at Barefoot Beach best. There are now only six of them. - two were destroyed in a hurricane and not rebuilt. Facing the water, there are four to the right and two to the left. I like the two to the left, they are more private. Those are numbers 5 and 6. After that I'd select number 1 because it is the most private on that side. But I would be happy with any of the six.

• 3 weeks later...
based on SuzD123's post, I emailed the Oasis concierge last week to see about getting a BB cabana for our November cruise. No response. I was surprised they were able to get a response so far out too. I'm certainly not as lucky...yet.

Trust me...I had to be persistent. I think it took 3+ emails before I finally got a response and got confirmation. To give them credit, they were trying to take care of onboard passengers (which I can appreciate since that's what we will expect when we finally get there). I started reaching out in January, would wait a few weeks, maybe get a sketchy reply, then follow up, wait again, then repeat....finally getting things resolved in April/May.

Though we had hoped to have an over-the-water or waterfront cabana, we were told they were all reserved for our August sailing so I know we were not the only people reaching out to them. Ultimately, we have a standard cabana reserved, but according to the map it is the closest one to the water (S9).

No problem.......a suite guest can book a cabana on Barefoot and have 4 guests(total occupancy of 6)

Here is a GREAT thread about all the cabanas,complete with maps and pictures..

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2116425&highlight=cabanas