Beach very close to port?

katjoeus

We've booked the Full Day Tour with Cosol, but I think we will have a couple of hours afterwards and I was wondering if there is a beach within walking distance from the ship? I'd love to get some more beach time in if possible!!

You will not have a couple of hours afterwards. You may have an hour or hour and half, bit not a couple hours at all...on an 8-5 port stop, you won't be off the ship till 8:30 at earliest, with tour leaving between 8:30/9, then returning by 3is (5.5-6 hour tour), and all-aboard is 4:30. Not much time there.

If you want to risk it, Vigie Beach is approximately a 15-30 minute walk from Port area, depending on which pier you're at and how quickly you walk. It's on the other side of the airport - pretty easy walk. Long stretch of beach, lots of natural shade, easy swimming waters, etc.

Enjoy - and good luck!

Day Sail? We're not going sailing - even though I'm sure that would be fun :-) It's a tour stuffed full of all sorts of activities around the island, so we actually may just be completely knackered anyway. if not, we may try to walk to that beach - thanks for the info! We're fast walkers so if you say 15 to 30 minutes, we'd probably be more on the 15 spectrum. Unless we're totally pooped after the day, in which case I guess we'll go to the pool for a bit - always an option, too :D

We did this tour about 6 years ago. Great tour you will enjoy it. We were to tired after to go to the beach. We had at least an hour of beach snorkel time on the tour. It is all day we only had about an hour before sail when we returned. We are going on this tour again with friends on our New Years cruise, Cosol tour is that good.

You will not have a couple of hours afterwards. You may have an hour or hour and half, bit not a couple hours at all...on an 8-5 port stop, you won't be off the ship till 8:30 at earliest, with tour leaving between 8:30/9, then returning by 3is (5.5-6 hour tour), and all-aboard is 4:30. Not much time there.

If you want to risk it, Vigie Beach is approximately a 15-30 minute walk from Port area, depending on which pier you're at and how quickly you walk. It's on the other side of the airport - pretty easy walk. Long stretch of beach, lots of natural shade, easy swimming waters, etc.

Enjoy - and good luck!

If you're at the La Place Caranage dock, regardless of how fast you walk, it will be in the 20-30 minute range simply due to added distance.... You can check which dock you're schedule for at slaspa.com. It's a very busy full and hot day, I'd be surprised if you had much energy to hoof it to the beach and back, especially given the 1-1.5 hours you may have will be eaten up with a minimum 30 minute r/t walk.... Good luck. Enjoy your visit...

• 2 weeks later...

If nothing was in the way, you could walk to Vigie in 5 minutes, but you have to walk all the way around the airport which makes it 15-30 minutes, depending on which side of the port your ship is docked, as reedprincess said. Last year my wife and I walked there in the morning while it wasn't too hot, and took a taxi from the airport terminal, right across the road from the end of the beach, back to the ship at the end of the day. I would suggest taking a taxi both ways due to your limited time. Have them drop you have at the end of the beach across from the airport terminal. You can use the bathrooms at the airport and grab a taxi back to the ship. I believe it was $10 each way.

Edited by Gerpoli