Premium Aft facing deluxe balcony or minisuite?

Timeforvaca

Minisuite for sure. I don't like aft balconies because I like to see where I am going.

In a Mini you get a bathtub which can be very nice for soaking tired feet, depending on your itinerary and how much walking you do. ;)

I have sailed in both and would take the mini suite over the aft. We like the larger bathroom, sitting are and closet area is larger too. We have always stayed In the covered minis so no matter the weather we are able to enjoy being on the balcony. The aft balconies are nice for a wake view but there was hardly any air moving. It was often very uncomfortable on the balcony, not to say it couldn't be warm at times on the mini suite balconies.

We book the aft mini and feel we get the best of both worlds.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

[quote name='PunkiC']Minisuite for sure. I don't like aft balconies because I like to see where I am going.

In a Mini you get a bathtub which can be very nice for soaking tired feet, depending on your itinerary and how much walking you do. ;)[/quote]

I guess you "can" soak your feet if needed. I don't think I've ever done that anywhere in a bathtub. I also find that bathtubs are designed for "miniature people". I don't enjoy them at all.

We booked an aft-facing balcony on Grand and turned down a mini that was only a very little more. My wife absolutely loved the balcony. I actually got up in the middle of the night and sat on the balcony enjoying the view of the huge moon over the wake.

Isn't it great that everybody isn't the same? :)

[quote name='Thrak']I guess you "can" soak your feet if needed. I don't think I've ever done that anywhere in a bathtub. I also find that bathtubs are designed for "miniature people". I don't enjoy them at all.

We booked an aft-facing balcony on Grand and turned down a mini that was only a very little more. My wife absolutely loved the balcony. I actually got up in the middle of the night and sat on the balcony enjoying the view of the huge moon over the wake.

Isn't it great that everybody isn't the same? :)[/QUOTE]

I guess at 6'1" and 210 ,I'm a "miniature people". I love the tub. Mini for us.My Mom had the aft and Loved it. Balcony room showers are for "miniature people" We just got E729 on the Grand, best of both worlds.
Tim Edited by Yehootu

As its the Regal Princess 'timeforvaca' is cruising on. Isn't the aft balconies bigger than the side balconies which are very small indeed irrespective of cabin category. Except the ones under the seawalk where some are angled as I recall.