What to do in Honolulu in evening?

mfabz

We will be on the Star Princess in early March. Plan to see the Arizona Memorial in the morning. Can we get to the beach? Just wondering what else. We are there until 11:00 pm. We are not into Chiefs Luau. Any suggestions? Thanks

We will be on the Star Princess in early March. Plan to see the Arizona Memorial in the morning. Can we get to the beach? Just wondering what else. We are there until 11:00 pm. We are not into Chiefs Luau. Any suggestions? Thanks

You can taxi to the very upscale Haleukulani Hotel and go to their House Without a Key outdoor patio for drinks, dinner and entertainment, or just some drinks and appys with entertainment. No fee, no reservations accepted. You can read about it on Trip Advisor and their website. Tables on covered patio or lawn under 100 year old Kiawe tree with ocean and Diamond ahead views. Music and Hawaiian dance start every night 5:30 to 8:30. Tuesday and Thursday nights they have grilled dinners available. On Friday nights you can see the Hilton ( Hawaiian Village ) fireworks from there. Very highly rated.

We went to House Without a Key last night. We got there around 5:30, sat at a table outside, listened to the singers and watched the beautiful dancers, enjoyed a cocktail with no pressure to order dinner until we were ready. Had Ahi burgers for dinner - watched the sunset, enjoyed the beautiful breezes, and it would highly recommend it to anyone. At 5:30 there was no wait at all. Lovely evening. We are staying at the Hilton Hawaiian Village Resort and it was about a 10-15 minute walk. Tomorrow night we are going to Dukes- also highly recommended.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We went to House Without a Key last night. We got there around 5:30, sat at a table outside, listened to the singers and watched the beautiful dancers, enjoyed a cocktail with no pressure to order dinner until we were ready. Had Ahi burgers for dinner - watched the sunset, enjoyed the beautiful breezes, and it would highly recommend it to anyone. At 5:30 there was no wait at all. Lovely evening. We are staying at the Hilton Hawaiian Village Resort and it was about a 10-15 minute walk. Tomorrow night we are going to Dukes- also highly recommended.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for this info. We will be there on a Friday night, so it might be a little busier, but we will be there by 5:30 just in case. We will also be at the HHV and wasn't sure how long the walk was. Did you go via the beach or on the street?

Thank you for this great information. House Without a Key sounds amazing!!! We cruise in September and also plan to rent a car, go to PH in the morning and then tour around and our Carnival cruise ship leaves port at 11pm. We are there on a Friday so look fwd to the fireworks following the sunset. My question is about how long would we need to allow in order to drive from House without a Key following the fireworks back to return airport car rental and then we are shuttled to cruise ship?????

Thanks for this info. We will be there on a Friday night, so it might be a little busier, but we will be there by 5:30 just in case. We will also be at the HHV and wasn't sure how long the walk was. Did you go via the beach or on the street?

We walked on the street. Easy walk, I wore high wedges without a problem.

Thank you for this great information. House Without a Key sounds amazing!!! We cruise in September and also plan to rent a car, go to PH in the morning and then tour around and our Carnival cruise ship leaves port at 11pm. We are there on a Friday so look fwd to the fireworks following the sunset. My question is about how long would we need to allow in order to drive from House without a Key following the fireworks back to return airport car rental and then we are shuttled to cruise ship?????

According to the info I see on the web, the distance from the Halekulani Hotel at 2199 Kalia Rd where the House Without a Key is located is about 8 miles and is estimated at 15 to 20 minutes.

From the airport to the cruise dock is about 5 miles, a 10 to 15 minute drive. I have heard traffic in Honolulu can be a bear at times. You be the judge as to what time you need to head out. Maybe those with more recent experience will chime in.

Any concern walking around Waikiki alone at night? I'm cruising solo and will likely be solo on our port stop in Honolulu........daytime activities are set, but is it a safe part of the city to walk alone at night?

The Waikiki Beach area is chock full of high end hotels, restaurants and shopping. There will be tons of people out walking around. Get some maps and info showing you where things are located. I believe there is a fairly new area of shopping called Beach Walk if you want to check it out. The area you'll want to walk around in will probably be the first few blocks back from the beach. It should be very safe, but I have heard people comment that there are a lot of homeless even in the very upscale areas. Just use the common sense you would use anywhere else.

According to the info I see on the web, the distance from the Halekulani Hotel at 2199 Kalia Rd where the House Without a Key is located is about 8 miles and is estimated at 15 to 20 minutes.

From the airport to the cruise dock is about 5 miles, a 10 to 15 minute drive. I have heard traffic in Honolulu can be a bear at times. You be the judge as to what time you need to head out. Maybe those with more recent experience will chime in.

Thanks for the info.....is there anyone out there who has driven back to the airport following the fireworks who can help with letting us know how much time it really took you to drive to air port and return car and then be shuttles to ship? Thanks so much! Sure don't want to stress over missing the ship!!!:eek:

We ate dinner at Hula Grill last night which is right in the heart of Waikiki Beach overlooking the ocean. It is actually not far from House Without a Key. Walking back to the hotel I was AMAZED at how many people were out - hundreds and hundreds! Tons of high end shopping- beautiful and I would say EXTREMELY safe. I wouldn't have had a problem walking alone.

Any concern walking around Waikiki alone at night? I'm cruising solo and will likely be solo on our port stop in Honolulu........daytime activities are set, but is it a safe part of the city to walk alone at night?

We ate dinner at Hula Grill last night which is right in the heart of Waikiki Beach overlooking the ocean. It is actually not far from House Without a Key. Walking back to the hotel I was AMAZED at how many people were out - hundreds and hundreds! Tons of high end shopping- beautiful and I would say EXTREMELY safe. I wouldn't have had a problem walking alone.

I spent 5 nights in Waikiki at the HHV solo last year, end of October/beginning of November. I had no apprehension at all walking anywhere around Waikiki, day or night (as late as midnight). Just walk assertively, look like you know where you are going. I walked from HHV down as far as Duke's every night, via the beach, then I'd walk back via Kalakaua Blvd. I walked down Kuhio Blvd to my favorite restaurant (Marukame Udon) in the evening. Daytime, I walked as far as the Diamond Head Market and also along Ala Moana from HHV to the Aloha Tower…

And if you're back on the ship in the evening' date=' there is a wonderful show. A hula troupe featuring kids and young adults called the Halau Hula Olana always performs.[/quote']

On the Carnival Miracle ship?

We are planning to do HWAK on our cruise. We are doing the Pearl Harbor Trip in the morning and then do the restaurant around 5:30 or so leaving from the ship. (Star Princess)

Would love to hear how you liked the restaurant on your return.:):)