Cruise out of Quebec City

Thinking about going on a cruise out of Quebec City. I want to fly into

Buffalo. Is there a train from Buffalo to Quebec City, or am I better off flying in & which airport do I fly into.

I would fly directly into Quebec City. There's only one airport. Go early, QC it's beautiful.

Going by train would be an adventure - Buffalo to Schenectady - switch trains - Schedectady to Montreal - switch trains - Montreal to Quebec City - about a day and a half's worth of travel time!

Going by train would be an adventure - Buffalo to Schenectady - switch trains - Schenectady to Montreal - switch trains - Montreal to Quebec City - about a day and a half's worth of travel time!

Depending on where you live in the US...we would fly into Burlington, Vermont, because it's cheaper, and then drive to QC. I agree with the others...get there a day early and look around! It's beautiful. And stay at Chateau Frontenac if you can swing it.

• 2 weeks later...
Depending on where you live in the US...we would fly into Burlington, Vermont, because it's cheaper, and then drive to QC. I agree with the others...get there a day early and look around! It's beautiful. And stay at Chateau Frontenac if you can swing it.

You can also fly into Burlington, take Greyhound into Montreal (the airport is the bus terminal) and then take the bus or train to Quebec City.

By all means, fly in. The airport is Jean-Lesage (the only one anyway). Do go a couple of days in advance because Quebec City, especially the Old City is very charming and very beautiful. Lots of stuff to see/visit. The Port is right in the old city (lower part).

There is tons of very nice hotel/inns in the old city. I've never stayed at the Chateau Frontenac but it is the most notorious hotel in the Province. You will find super good restaurants too! If you wan to visit an Aquarium, Québec has one, great, spare at least 3 hours!

I've lived in Québec City for 4 years ... loved it! We were in the old city every week-end!

That is a cruise I would very much like to do!:)

Just fly into YQB a few days earlier

You will not be saving anything by flying into other airports & taking the train or bus to the port

plus a lot less stress to start your cruise

P.S. a good idea to put in your the State or Province in your profile or in your post....where you are flying from to get more accurate advice

Just fly into YQB a few days earlier

You will not be saving anything by flying into other airports & taking the train or bus to the port

plus a lot less stress to start your cruise

P.S. a good idea to put in your the State or Province in your profile or in your post....where you are flying from to get more accurate advice

couldn't agree more!

Is there a hop on hop off bus near the port?

I don't think there is...but if I am correct your ship is docked right in the middle of everything, in the Old Port, walking distance to the Chateau Frontenac, the Plaines d'Abraham, etc....:)

Archived