Summit Aqua Aft Cabins 1133/1130...

rainbowbeach

Been reading though old forums about the new Aqua Class Cabins on the M-Class ships. Hard to sort through and see if the ones on the Summit are different as it was the last one refurbished. On the date we would go, cabins 1133 and 1130 are the only aft ones available. Has anyone been on these or seen these? What's your take on it? Thanks

I'm most concerned about the privacy issue. Can people from the bar see you from below? Supposedly there's a staircase right next to the room - is it an outdoor staircase? I'm thinking that since this is above everything it should be ok, but after reading other posts about the changes on other M-class ships getting kind of nervous. If anyone has any info, please share!!!

Edited by rainbowbeach

I sailed in 1133 on Infinity in South America shortly after she was solsticized... It is my understanding that the cabins that were subsequently added to Millennium and Summit are identical...

Following is a link to related comments--and there is a link within that link to my earlier comments on the same subject--that I posted regarding the new staterooms earlier this year... I'd sail in those Deck 11 Aft cabins again without hesitation [and in fact have booked 1140 for a back-to-back through Indonesia/Southeast Asia in 2014 on Millennium]... Hope you find my observations helpful...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1569293

Been reading though old forums about the new Aqua Class Cabins on the M-Class ships. Hard to sort through and see if the ones on the Summit are different as it was the last one refurbished. On the date we would go, cabins 1133 and 1130 are the only aft ones available. Has anyone been on these or seen these? What's your take on it? Thanks

We just sailed on the Millie in cabin 1133. We loved it. Summit and the millie are identical on the aft. If I had a choice I would grab 1130 ASAP. The outside door was never a problem. The bar below was never a problem. We could still sit on our balcony and not see the bar below. If you stood by the railing you could be seen by the people below. Since it was Alaska we never heard any music playing. Probably too cold.

The big difference between 1130 and 1133 is the smoke from below. Cigarettes were o.k. The cigars were very disturbing. One day we had 3 cigar smokers right below the balcony. ugh!!!! The pipe smokers were also out there but I kind of enjoyed that smell. This is a personal preference and maybe this would not bother you. 1133 is on port side which allows smoking.

I think the best cabins on the aft are the ones on either sides of 1140. 1140 has a large balcony but it reminds me of a 13 ft long tunnel. All 5 cabins are awesome and would make a wonderful cruise. There are just some that would fit your needs based on what you are looking for in a balcony.

Hope this helps

I'm most concerned about the privacy issue. Can people from the bar see you from below? Supposedly there's a staircase right next to the room - is it an outdoor staircase? I'm thinking that since this is above everything it should be ok, but after reading other posts about the changes on other M-class ships getting kind of nervous. If anyone has any info, please share!!!

Here is a link to photos and some comments..

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=33667810&postcount=1

I booked 1138 for my next summit cruise ( was in 1128 on the last one and spent most of my time in the great Aft bar as pictured below...so looking forward to spending time above it:rolleyes: )

We just sailed on the Millie in cabin 1133. We loved it. Summit and the millie are identical on the aft. If I had a choice I would grab 1130 ASAP. The outside door was never a problem. The bar below was never a problem. We could still sit on our balcony and not see the bar below. If you stood by the railing you could be seen by the people below. Since it was Alaska we never heard any music playing. Probably too cold.

The big difference between 1130 and 1133 is the smoke from below. Cigarettes were o.k. The cigars were very disturbing. One day we had 3 cigar smokers right below the balcony. ugh!!!! The pipe smokers were also out there but I kind of enjoyed that smell. This is a personal preference and maybe this would not bother you. 1133 is on port side which allows smoking.

I think the best cabins on the aft are the ones on either sides of 1140. 1140 has a large balcony but it reminds me of a 13 ft long tunnel. All 5 cabins are awesome and would make a wonderful cruise. There are just some that would fit your needs based on what you are looking for in a balcony.

Hope this helps

I have 1141 booked for my next cruise on Summit. I, too, felt that 1140 would be too tunnel-like. I actually waitlisted for 1138, not 1140 for that reason. I wanted to be on the non-smoking side, and also since we are sailing south, I would be on the sunset side. But that has not come thru yet. But I agree with the tunnel comment. I have been lucky enough to have had Corner FOVs in the past, and always thought the CCs and non corners had a tunnel like feel and would never want that. I am still unsure if I will be happy with the aft Aqua after having been spoiled with the Corner FOVs on the last 3 cruises, but we decided we should give AQ a try. We are healthy eaters and also enjoy Persian Garden, so it seemed like we needed to try it. We will see!

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Booked in 1130 for Alaska (Millennium) and looking forward to it.

Hi TeaBag - I know this is an older thread but was wondering how cabin 1130 on your Millennium Alaska sailing was? We just booked it for Alaska/2016 mainly wondering about the aft view while sailing the passage. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!:)

Edited by dolfans0704

I had 1138 for a Bermuda cruise in September. Loved it. There was sun and shade at the same time. The Sunset bar people could only see us if we were at the very end of the balcony. We loved being able to get food and drinks only one floor down and enjoy them on the balcony. We also enjoyed listening to the live music from our balcony. Would definitely take the room again, but it books very early.

I had 1138 for a Bermuda cruise in September. Loved it. There was sun and shade at the same time. The Sunset bar people could only see us if we were at the very end of the balcony. We loved being able to get food and drinks only one floor down and enjoy them on the balcony. We also enjoyed listening to the live music from our balcony. Would definitely take the room again, but it books very early.

Thank you so much for replying to my post. I understand from looking at other reviews that 1130 is less private than the other aft cabins on this deck but we are still happy with it. All the other ones are taken and the cruise isn't for another year and a half! Thanks again for the info. [emoji1]

You know what they say about a picture being worh 1000 words.

Mr Julius provided this photo of 1130 so you can form your own opinion.

1130CMe-1.jpg

• 4 months later...
It is my understanding that the cabins that were subsequently added to Millennium and Summit are identical.

From what I have read, I think that is correct and they were added to all the M class ships. Someone correct me if I'm mistaken.

From what I have read, I think that is correct and they were added to all the M class ships. Someone correct me if I'm mistaken.

You are right. These are AQ1 cabins. Wish we had one of them for our cruise next year.

1133 is not a private cabin out on the balcony. It's a really nice sized balcony compared to others, nice overhang.

It does overlook at stern bar, and smoking section. I could live with that.

Fantastic view from 1133, no wind at all disturbing your things outside.

Sunrise photo taken in Antigua from 1133, great location for me anyway.

17898472215_43cd45b542_c.jpg

CaptDave

1133 is not a private cabin out on the balcony. It's a really nice sized balcony compared to others, nice overhang.

It does overlook at stern bar, and smoking section. I could live with that.

Fantastic view from 1133, no wind at all disturbing your things outside.

Sunrise photo taken in Antigua from 1133, great location for me anyway.

17898472215_43cd45b542_c.jpg

CaptDave

Looks like that photo was taken from above 1133.