How did you spend your OBC?

Texas

We have a $200 OBC on Viking. Since everything is included, just wondering what is there to spend it on? Interested in hearing how you spent your OBC. Thanks for any feedback.

Spend it on tips for the crew, optional excursions and drinks that you may have outside of meals. It will not be tough to do!! Enjoy!!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We spent most of ours on optional excursions. The small amount remaining we spent in the onboard Viking shop. We were advised we could not use the OBC for gratuities.

Edited by rjscott

We have a $200 OBC on Viking. Since everything is included, just wondering what is there to spend it on? Interested in hearing how you spent your OBC. Thanks for any feedback.

I spent mine on wine laundry service! Excursions are included on Vantage and trip was 14 days so I had laundry done once and bought bottle of red and bottle of white for dinner!

My bar bill (and laundry bill) would eat that up real fast!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I was not aware that Viking was all inclusive. Has this been a recent change?

OBC on a river cruise ????

I've gotten OBC on Vantage cruises for paying in full ahead of time (but not too far ahead of time) or for referring someone new and once for winning a trivia contest! It's not a lot, but it did cover my laundry and wine.:D

I was not aware that Viking was all inclusive. Has this been a recent change?

No I believe this is a misunderstanding Viking is not All Inclusive, I think that really only applies to Tauck and now Uniworld.

But like most River Cruise Companies the included nature of the trip is enough for many cruisers and they find no reason to use the additional "extra" features offered.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by nana541

Scenic is also all-inclusive. We had OBC on Scenic last year, but since our cabin level included laundry and all drinks, it was not a perk for us. We could have used it on massage or hair salon, but had time for neither.

Two thumbs up for Scenic though, it was a great trip!

Scenic is also all-inclusive. We had OBC on Scenic last year, but since our cabin level included laundry and all drinks, it was not a perk for us. We could have used it on massage or hair salon, but had time for neither.

Two thumbs up for Scenic though, it was a great trip!

Your right about Scenic, forgot about that company!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Viking is "all inclusive" - sort of. Wine and beer served with meals. Any drinks not served at meal time are extra. Bar drinks are always extra. We are wine drinkers, and looking forward to buying wines at different ports. Tours are included at each port; however, there are a couple optional tours that cost extra.

I guess we will use our OBC for laundry. Which is a good thing, because I am really trying to pack just one suitcase.

Viking is "all inclusive" - sort of. Wine and beer served with meals. Any drinks not served at meal time are extra. Bar drinks are always extra. We are wine drinkers, and looking forward to buying wines at different ports. Tours are included at each port; however, there are a couple optional tours that cost extra.

I guess we will use our OBC for laundry. Which is a good thing, because I am really trying to pack just one suitcase.

I'm thinking we are referring to the "sort of" issue. Enjoy your cruise and laundry sounds like a perfect use of OBC!

Safe travels :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by nana541