Aft balconies on Constellation

JudithLynne

We are Elite but have never been on the Constellation. We are looking at a Bahamas cruise next year following a 4 day trip to Disney World, Orlando. We are interested in an aft balcony. How bad is the vibration there and is smoke a problem from the Oceanview Bar, deck 10? We were in one of the coveted aft family balconies on the Summit in 2010. We booked after final payment so were able to get one. We did not experience vibration in that cabin but in researching some have mentioned vibration in the center aft cabins.

Is one aft deck better than another ?

Would appreciate any advice……thanks so much…

Judith

We've been aft, center, many times. Several times on Deck 7, once on deck 8. Never had a smoke issue (smoke rises?). We have felt vibration early in the morning when the ship is docking, enough to wake us up to say "we're here!".

We had FV 8166 corner aft on the Constellation in 2013. Great room and huge balcony. Being 2 floors down from the bar we had no smoke issue.

We had some vibration in the cabin but nothing bad. When they are using the thrusters to dock and when they had the engines cranked up to cover a long distance was when we felt it. The Constellation and the Summit are set up the same.

We were on deck 7 on Constellation in May. Great rooms and large balconies. We liked deck 7 as close to all areas and very, very quiet. No issues with smoke or noise either and it was wonderful to sail out of ports listening to the music drifting down from deck 10. Go for it and have a wonderful cruise on a superb ship with a super Captain and Cruise Director.

Your aft cabin experience on Constellation will be about the same as on the Summit as long as you are on similarly located cabins. It's been many years since we last sailed Summit but I don't recall there being any difference in aft cabin motion or vibration between the two. I've stayed in several aft verandas on Constellation and never noticed a difference in vibration between those in the center and the aft cabins towards the outside including the Fv cabins.

The only cabins I've heard any noise issues about are those on deck 9 which do have a little noise from the bar area above when people are moving tables for seating or cleaning. But those that I know who have stayed there say that they'd still take those cabins if they were the only aft cabins available. Likewise the only cabins I've heard of smoke issues on are those on the port side of deck 9 and, again, I've never heard someone say they wouldn't have taken the cabin if they knew.

You should have zero issues in 8172. Enjoy the cabin as the aft cabins on M class are very special.

Edited by Lsimon

I deliberately chose deck 8, not 9, to avoid the noise from the bar. We love having the bar there because my husband can go up there and get two glasses of wine on our bvg crds and bring them back to the room. We are really looking forward to this cruise and the two before this one.

Judith