Miami hotel

cubbielover

Hi everyone...this is my first time posting so please be patient. We are heading out on the FOS 3/29 and plan on coming in the night before. Has anyone ever stayed at the Embassy Suites near Miami airport and used their cruise package (takes you to port on day on sailing). Thanks everyone!:)

Hi everyone...this is my first time posting so please be patient. We are heading out on the FOS 3/29 and plan on coming in the night before. Has anyone ever stayed at the Embassy Suites near Miami airport and used their cruise package (takes you to port on day on sailing). Thanks everyone!:)

Can't say anything about Embassy Suites but before our cruise in November we stayed at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami. It was great!!! We could see the ships in port from our room and it is literally minutes from the port. It is right across the street from Bayside Market where we met up with our Cruise Critic pals for dinner at Bubba Gumps.

Can't say anything about Embassy Suites but before our cruise in November we stayed at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami. It was great!!! We could see the ships in port from our room and it is literally minutes from the port. It is right across the street from Bayside Market where we met up with our Cruise Critic pals for dinner at Bubba Gumps.

We have used Holiday Inn Port of Miami also and will use it again when sailing from Miami. It is so handy and near to the port. I awoke at 3:30 am and saw the Freedom sailing into port-she was such a beautiful sight. We also ate at Bubba Gumps, then walked the Bayside Market Place Mall.

For the price per person with the cruise package it is usually much less to book the hotel yourself and get a taxi yourself. We got the Intercontinental for $70.00 a night through Priceline last year and I think the cab was $20.00 from the airport and not very much at all to the pier. Good luck!

For the price per person with the cruise package it is usually much less to book the hotel yourself and get a taxi yourself. We got the Intercontinental for $70.00 a night through Priceline last year and I think the cab was $20.00 from the airport and not very much at all to the pier. Good luck!

Yes, I agree. I use a similar site (Hotwire) for my pre-cruise hotels. For last cruise I got the Hyatt Airport Hotel for about $85 (including taxes/fees) that included a free breakfast and a shuttle from the airport to the hotel.

Depending on when you are getting into Miami you may want to look into the Holiday Inn. We stayed there a few years ago before a cruise but were there early afternoon. We then had time to go to Bayside to enjoy the view and have some dinner. This past November we didn't get in until late so opted to stay at a less expensive hotel near the airport. Either way, plan on taking a taxi yourself, the hotel we stayed in had a 'service' to get you to the pier and it was a mess in the lobby. We bypassed all of them, got in our cab, and was at the port before you know it. It may be a few $$ more but not enough in my book to deal with the hassles of the shuttle and having to wait for everyne else. I want to start my vacation when I want to!

Whatever you decide, enjoy.

Stayed Embassy Suites before cruise, They had a cocktail hour late afternoon and Morning Breakfast. Was all included in price enjoyed it very much. Two room suites,so plenty of space was a very nice hotel. Had rented a car so never used the shuttle service, have fun.

We just stayed at the Hotel Intercontinental and it was very nice yet not worth the price we paid. Last October we stayed at the Holiday Inn and for 1 night pre-cruise, it was great because of its location in Bayside and its distance to the port.

Cubbie:

You will find more information regarding Miami in another area of Cruise Critic called "East Coast departures".

It's a more "topic-specific" section than this general board, and you'll find lots of suggestions and information there. Below is a link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

We have used Holiday Inn Port of Miami also and will use it again when sailing from Miami. It is so handy and near to the port. I awoke at 3:30 am and saw the Freedom sailing into port-she was such a beautiful sight. We also ate at Bubba Gumps, then walked the Bayside Market Place Mall.
Perfect place to stay! My exact thoughts. We love staying here, location, location, location.

BonVoyage

Dawna

When we were booking a hotel for a February cruise, Holiday Inn Port of Miami was half the price of most hotels in the area. I'm a Priority Club member and got an upgraded room at check-in. It's not a luxury hotel, but works great for a night. Bayside is great for dinner, since there's pretty much something for everyone. The cabs were lined up in the morning to take us to the port for an easy check-in.

We stayed at Embassy Suites near the airport on our first cruise out of Miami. It's a very nice hotel, and the staff was nice and helpful. We had pre-arranged for limo service (it was gift from a friend of DH), and it was a pretty long drive to the port.

On my cruise out of Miami in January, we stayed at Hyatt Regency in downtown. We paid $100 for the night through priceline.com. Nice hotel and short taxi ride to the pier.

We stayed at Embassy Suites near the airport on our first cruise out of Miami. It's a very nice hotel, and the staff was nice and helpful. We had pre-arranged for limo service (it was gift from a friend of DH), and it was a pretty long drive to the port.

On my cruise out of Miami in January, we stayed at Hyatt Regency in downtown. We paid $100 for the night through priceline.com. Nice hotel and short taxi ride to the pier.

We have been very pleased with our success in using priceline to book our Miami hotels and have paid as little as $40 a night and as much as $115 a night for three or four star hotels (Marriott Biscayne Bay, Hyatt Regency Downtown, and Hilton Downtown Miami). The last three times in Miami we were successful with bids of $65 a night and got the Hilton. Many people have been happy with the Holiday Inn, but we have always paid less than what the HI charges and feel we got a much better deal.

We have been very pleased with our success in using priceline to book our Miami hotels and have paid as little as $40 a night and as much as $115 a night for three or four star hotels (Marriott Biscayne Bay, Hyatt Regency Downtown, and Hilton Downtown Miami). The last three times in Miami we were successful with bids of $65 a night and got the Hilton. Many people have been happy with the Holiday Inn, but we have always paid less than what the HI charges and feel we got a much better deal.

Hey fellow Rocklandite. How are you? We chatted abit last year in the Jewel of the Sea threads. Well we are going on the Jewel....but the NCL Jewel next month. It will be our 25th Aniversary. What a pain it has been to put together this trip. Because of airfare prices and schedules, we have to travel a day before and after the cruise. Right now I have the Holiday Inn Express MIA Arpt on a hold. We wanted to fly into FLL instead of MIA for a better fare schedule, but had issues finding inexpensive ways to POM. We ended up taking the MIA flights. What has been your experience with cost to get to POM for area hotels? I didnt want to do the priceline bidding and end up somewhere that would result in higher rates to get to POM. Do you know the price ranges for the area hotels for taxis and such. I know we can get a shuttle for $10pp each way from the hotel I have on hold. I would rather not do the shuttle thing....but dont want to pay a fortune for a cab.

Hope you are both doing well.....

Archived