Coco Cay Question

tm3750

It may not be there by end of week. 😱

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

You got that right! haha. Actually, we were just there yesterday on the 3-day Majesty cruise. They were already making preparations by taking down some signs and packing things up. I imagine a lot of the new cabana-like structures are able to be taken apart and stored away. They having been doing some beach renovations and I'm wondering if the storm is going to mess all that up.

As far as new things, in addition to the floating bar, they've added some nice new cabana-type structures and cabana-beds in the area where the blue clam shells used to be. There are a lot of them. They look really nice.

You got that right! haha. Actually, we were just there yesterday on the 3-day Majesty cruise. They were already making preparations by taking down some signs and packing things up. I imagine a lot of the new cabana-like structures are able to be taken apart and stored away. They having been doing some beach renovations and I'm wondering if the storm is going to mess all that up.

As far as new things, in addition to the floating bar, they've added some nice new cabana-type structures and cabana-beds in the area where the blue clam shells used to be. There are a lot of them. They look really nice.

Yes they did, the new area with the new cabanas is called Island Oasis Cabana Club. They still have the folding cabanas of old, the blue/white ones. In between the old blue cabanas is the floating bar, and a nice new beach with plenty of loungers. They call this area South Beach and run a tram down there now just to get there, otherwise it is a good walk.

I have yet to see a new map with this beach and cabanas on it.

Edited by troykahack

I heard they have made some upgraded changes to Coco Cay is this true and what would they be?

Is there a floating bar there now?

When are you going? I look forward to hopefully trying out the floating bar 2 weeks from tomorrow. (I'm 3 for 3 at making it there)

Yes they did, the new area with the new cabanas is called Island Oasis Cabana Club. They still have the folding cabanas of old, the blue/white ones. In between the old blue cabanas is the floating bar, and a nice new beach with plenty of loungers. They call this area South Beach and run a tram down there now just to get there, otherwise it is a good walk.

We did not see the blue clam shells. We walked the entire beach, even past the new South Beach area. We were there yesterday and also the week of Sept. 5.

We did not see the blue clam shells. We walked the entire beach, even past the new South Beach area. We were there yesterday and also the week of Sept. 5.

And we were there last Wednesday and they were there, the blue clam shells (and thank you for that term). I think the proper term for the new Cabanas is Cabana Beds, they are similar to those had Labadee. It is easy to see the new cabanas as they use WHITE linens all around them.

I suppose they removed the blue cabanas as the storm is coming.s They would be the first to fly away. The floating bar is made to be dragged back to the shore but I really can't see the roof holding up to hurricane force winds.

I wish I had taken pictures now.... LOL

Could you see the ship from the new cabana bed area?

Edited by troykahack

I wish we had taken pictures. I don't have a clue why they were not there for you, but we saw them. It was like a beach or two just North of the Floating Bar. They are not easy to see, depending on your walk way. You can't see them from the road the tram uses, you must branch out to the new soft sand road (hard to walk in) to see them. There were lots of signs of new construction and sand movement, like they hauled in lots of sand, because it sure was soft and hard to walk in.

I can't explain it.... I am not saying they were there when you were. I am sure they are not there now with the storm coming.

Edited by troykahack

Here is the most recent map I have found.

cococay-2015-map_1.jpg

dp

This map is close... the floating bar is down further away from #30 Coconut Willies. It is a bit of a walk to Coconut Willies from the floating bar. They required a gold card and kayak to resupply the floating bar from Willies.

I believe a few things are mislabeled and the Blue Claim shells are a bit more North.... their is also just loungers in the Cabana area for those Suite Guest who wanted the more private lunch.

Is the swim-up bar available to everyone or just the cabana/bed people?

Everyone that can swim or keep their head up in 4-5' water and able to pull themselves up a vertical ladder. The bar moves, it can be in as little as 2' of water and over my head at 5'11. It sits is a hole, probably unintentional I suspect, but the tides, current, and waves probably made a hole under the bar.

Watch where you are walking as they have at least two huge square concert anchors that secure the bar, by chain and rope. They are probably at least 4'x4'x2'tall, and you will wack you foot or knees/legs against them if you are not looking. I think they are far enough away so that if you jumped off, you shouldn't land on them, but the bar does move around a bit. We could pull in closer to shallow water to assist those that want 2-3' water.... or make it deep for those that did not tip...LOL

Edited by troykahack

Everyone that can swim or keep their head up in 4-5' water and able to pull themselves up a vertical ladder. The bar moves, it can be in as little as 2' of water and over my head at 5'11. It sits is a hole, probably unintentional I suspect, but the tides, current, and waves probably made a hole under the bar.

Watch where you are walking as they have at least two huge square concert anchors that secure the bar, by chain and rope. They are probably at least 4'x4'x2'tall, and you will wack you foot or knees/legs against them if you are not looking. I think they are far enough away so that if you jumped off, you shouldn't land on them, but the bar does move around a bit. We could pull in closer to shallow water to assist those that want 2-3' water.... or make it deep for those that did not tip...LOL

Great!

Thanks for the response :)

Looks like a fun way to spend our Thanksgiving day :)

Thanks!

Yes it is.... Our Bartender was Murice (sp) from Jamaica . He was a real treat and entertained us well. He was a very happy young man and his contract ended today and he is probably on his way back to spend time with his family. He loves his job with Royal. It is nice to hear crew speak so well of Royal. He will not be back until after the first of the year. He wants to spend some time with his family. He had been aboard EN for the last 14 months.

Drinks are limited but I am sure you can find something you like.

Edited by troykahack

Yes it is.... Are Bartender was Murice (sp) from Jamaica . He was a real treat and entertained us well. He was a very happy young man and his contract ended today and he is probably on his way back to spend time with his family. He loves his job with Royal. It is nice to hear crew speak so well of Royal. He will not be back until after the first of the year. He wants to spend some time with his family. He had been aboard EN for the last 14 months.

Drinks are limited but I am sure you can find something you like.

I'm sure we will too. Give me a rum punch at the beach, and I'm happy! We were at something similar at a beach at Freeport and LOVED it!

We both have the new Deluxe Drinks package (this is our first time getting it on any cruise). We were used to Carnival which doesn't apply theirs on private islands :( Once we found out RC did, the decision was made :D

Edited by VASOXFANN

I'm sure we will too. Give me a rum punch at the beach, and I'm happy! We were at something similar at a beach at Freeport and LOVED it!

We both have the new Deluxe Drinks package (this is our first time getting it on any cruise). We were used to Carnival which doesn't apply theirs on private islands :( Once we found out RC did, the decision was made :D

We had the PP package now converted to the Deluxe. Our Sea Pass still had PP on it but it was good for specialty coffees. Both Coco and Labadee honor the drink package. Now some specialty drinks with cups are chargeable so we avoid them.

They do not yet have a Sea Pass scanner on the floating bar so all drinks are put on a receipt pad. We did tip on the receipt pad. I had to ask him for a receipt so I could tip him as dollar bills and water don't mix well. He stayed very busy... he would try to catch up on the receipts as people left. He was a pretty smart guy and remembered the drinks.

We had the PP package now converted to the Deluxe. Our Sea Pass still had PP on it but it was good for specialty coffees. Both Coco and Labadee honor the drink package. Now some specialty drinks with cups are chargeable so we avoid them.

They do not yet have a Sea Pass scanner on the floating bar so all drinks are put on a receipt pad. We did tip on the receipt pad. I had to ask him for a receipt so I could tip him as dollar bills and water don't mix well. He stayed very busy... he would try to catch up on the receipts as people left. He was a pretty smart guy and remembered the drinks.

I'll be sure to pack some ziplock bags for our tip $.

Thanks for the tip!

We were on the cruise last week. The new bed and bungalow are on the new south beach area.

We had one of the bungalows it was awsome. If you don't have a bed or bungalow you can't even walk on that part of the beach.you get the bungalow all day with a couch,coffee table,4 big bottles of water in a cooler of ice,a fruit tray,two chairs for sunning and also two water matts.

There is also a private bar and at lunch time you don't eat with everyone else.they come take your order and cook it in a food truck hidden in the forest and bring it to you.

For the price $156.00 last week,think regular price is $200.00 it's a great deal and it holds up to 6 people for that price