Allure - D, D+, etc Internet allotment

island284

Mmm. New policy? Be aware of the following if you use the free internet.

Just off the a Allure. In the past we've ALWAYS had 1 hour of free internet to be used throughout the ENTIRE week. This was not our experience. It was 1 hour in a single day. After going to the different lounges I was told "it's a glitch in the system" and "it's the new policy."

To quote our local TV consumer watchdog, "Doesn't that stink."

Just off the a Allure. In the past we've ALWAYS had 1 hour of free internet to be used throughout the ENTIRE week. This was not our experience. It was 1 hour in a single day. After going to the different lounges I was told "it's a glitch in the system" and "it's the new policy."

When you boot up wi-fi for the first time, there are actually two $29.95 choices. The one at the top of the list sounds like what you got. All the way at the bottom of the list (usually the only one that's off the screen) is the $29.95/60 minutes one person at a time option that's good all week (or until you use it up). When we were on Enchantment last week, the second option had double minutes - we each got 120 to use throughout the cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

When you boot up wi-fi for the first time, there are actually two $29.95 choices. The one at the top of the list sounds like what you got. All the way at the bottom of the list (usually the only one that's off the screen) is the $29.95/60 minutes one person at a time option that's good all week (or until you use it up). When we were on Enchantment last week, the second option had double minutes - we each got 120 to use throughout the cruise.

This was not the case. I've used enough wifi time on the ships to know how to log in with the correct option. Both concierges could not find the correct plan as it was not on the screen.

My purpose for this post was to inform others that this may be what they will experience as we all know the RC I T department isn't the best at correction glitches.

Thank you for posting.

Did they attempt to sell you more, or just ran out of minutes the next day you tried to log on?

It seems the only way we benefit if we buy the week.

One hour 3 people, not enough minutes.

Thanks

Sea Ya

Thank you for posting.

Did they attempt to sell you more, or just ran out of minutes the next day you tried to log on?

It seems the only way we benefit if we buy the week.

One hour 3 people, not enough minutes.

Thanks

Sea Ya

I actually went up to the concierge and asked what's going on. That's when I got the glitch answer. I asked what would they do since I was depending on having wifi all week for my hour. He had me sign back in as a new account, then credited my sea pass account. I did that 4 out of 7 days. However one day the charge wasn't credited so I had to go back and bring that to his attention.

A friend was on the Explorer this past week and she used her minutes throughout the week.

New policy? I don't believe so.

On our EX cruise last month each D+/PC member received 2 hours of internet.

This was not the case. I've used enough wifi time on the ships to know how to log in with the correct option. Both concierges could not find the correct plan as it was not on the screen.

My purpose for this post was to inform others that this may be what they will experience as we all know the RC I T department isn't the best at correction glitches.

Did you go to guest services? Concierges don't have the same level of access as Guest Services. Clearly your experience was a one-off. With more than 6000 people on that ship, if it was a glitch, GS would have had a workaround in place.

Did you go to guest services? Concierges don't have the same level of access as Guest Services. Clearly your experience was a one-off. With more than 6000 people on that ship, if it was a glitch, GS would have had a workaround in place.

Yes, the first time I went to guest services. The person I talked with didn't have a clue, went in the back offices, came out and re-upped my service which turned out to be one hour for one day. I used less than ten minutes expecting the issue to be straightened out. Next day, no access.

Again, my purpose of this post was to warn others to watch their wifi if on the Allure, not to debate what I did or didn't do. We are all here to help others.

02-Dec-2012 We sailed Allure it had the same Internet policy you describe. All packages were for consecutive use only. I remember I was upset that 30 minutes could not be spread over 7 days. I ended up purchasing the unlimited package and was very happy I did.