serenade cabin question

Due to another poster letting those know many had cancelled on our Nov 22 sailing out of NOLA we were able to move from 4044& 4048 large Oceanview to 7666 &7668 balcony cabins... WOOHOO :)! I have been doing the happy dance! Wondering besides the given that there is balcony are there any other differences between cabins? Are the balconies fairly big? Cabins bigger than previous suppose to be in? I sure hope this is a good cabin... as I wouldn't know the difference as those that are more experience avid cruisers...

Thanks, Stacey

Your outside cabins were 169 sq ft and your balcony cabins are 162 sq ft with a 51 sq ft balcony. As the E balcony cabins are connecting you may have a chair in each instead of a loveseat.

I would take the balcony over the Oceanview any day.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Your outside cabins were 169 sq ft and your balcony cabins are 162 sq ft with a 51 sq ft balcony. As the E balcony cabins are connecting you may have a chair in each instead of a loveseat.

Chair instead of love seat? How do I know if I have E balcony?

The E balcony cabin inside area previously had 179 sq.st. according to RC literature so when the current 162 sq.ft. spec came out I was puzzled so last spring when on Serenade I measured the inside area of our E1 cabin 7038. It was almost exactly 9 by 20 feet thus closer to the higher area previously stated.

I also measured our friends' Cat. G OV which appeared to be narrower than our E1 and it was very close to 8 by 21 feet so the current 169 sq.ft. seems right. Previously RC listed these at 170 sq.ft. so it appears there was less shrinkage with these.;)

Maybe some of the E cabin inside area was some how transferred to the balcony as these use to be listed at 41 sq.ft. and now have 51 sq.ft according to the current specs on the RCI web site. We had an extra large balcony so I couldn't confirm the measurement of a regular size E balcony but IMO, looking at pictures I have of, these are half as deep as they are wide or approximately 9 by 4 1/2 feet or close to the lower area previously given.:rolleyes:

Edited by robtulipe