Golden Eagle Catamaran trip

smilz

Anybody do the Golden Eagle Catamaran sail and snorkel? The description says the snorkel is off a beach. What beach and was it worth it? Also I don't see a lot of seating. Did you have to sit on the nets?

Golden Eagle Catamaran is absolutely wonderful and one we have enjoyed over the years many times. :D

Honestly, the snorkeling is not good. Actually, snorkeling isn't the best anyplace in St. Maarten/St. Martin.

LuLu

~~~

Golden Eagle Catamaran is absolutely wonderful and one we have enjoyed over the years many times. :D

Honestly, the snorkeling is not good. Actually, snorkeling isn't the best anyplace in St. Maarten/St. Martin.

LuLu

~~~

What was so great about it? Im looking for something to do with my family, including a 10 year old girl. I don't want a party boat!

We have been on this a few times in the past and our experience is that is was somewhat more of a party boat.

It's not a big time party boat ... but can be somewhat of a party boat depending on who is on it with you. On the return trip there is drinking & dancing ... but I've never seen any who were way "over served".

We took our girls when they were still cruising with us. They loved it.

Just make sure you are comfortable with some partying or you might be better off not doing it.

LuLu

~~~

• 1 month later...
It's not a big time party boat ... but can be somewhat of a party boat depending on who is on it with you. On the return trip there is drinking & dancing ... but I've never seen any who were way "over served".

We took our girls when they were still cruising with us. They loved it.

Just make sure you are comfortable with some partying or you might be better off not doing it.

LuLu

~~~

The day that I did the round the island catamaran excursion with GE there were people very drunk ( happy drunk not aggressive drunk ) by the time we got 1/2 way around the island. If this bothers you then I would suggest booking a private sailboat for your excursion.

What was so great about it? Im looking for something to do with my family, including a 10 year old girl. I don't want a party boat!

Check out randomwind dot com. Kids wold love it.

Previous poster is correct - this is not really a snorkel port; sailing yes.

You can read my mini review further down this board - I was there in March.

There were 2 parties on with us from a Disney ship in port, those kids seemed quite contented.

Not a "party boat", but everything is available, if you do want a little something.

We used Capt Alan a few years ago. We were happy with them. I see they rank pretty good on TripAdvisor. It was our first snorkeling experience, so we we easily impressed! They also took us to a beach where they retrieved some ash mud that we were able to put all over our bodies. That was suppose to be good for your skin! I don't recall any drinking, just a lot of snorkeling.

We used Capt Alan a few years ago. We were happy with them. I see they rank pretty good on TripAdvisor. It was our first snorkeling experience, so we we easily impressed! They also took us to a beach where they retrieved some ash mud that we were able to put all over our bodies. That was suppose to be good for your skin! I don't recall any drinking, just a lot of snorkeling.

If you did the mudbaths from Tintamare island that is not allowed anymore. This was stopped at least 3 years ago now.