Beach day passes in Bermuda, need advice please

mk761

Hello,

i will be traveling with my mother who absolutely needs an umbrella at the beach and has trouble climbing stairs. I looked into coco reef and elbow beach resorts. Reading conflicting reports about prices at elbow beach. I emailed them so hopefully will get an answer on that soon. Coco reef I'm reading has a difficult walk to the beach so I think I have to rule that one out. Any other options for us? many thanks

so after more research, i see that horseshoe bay offers umbrella rentals. can anyone tell me if tobacco bay does, and the prices? any guidance is much appreciated. between taxis and these beach rentals, costs are getting a bit high so would appreciate any advice. we'll be sailing on the Celebrity Summit. thanks!

so after more research, i see that horseshoe bay offers umbrella rentals. can anyone tell me if tobacco bay does, and the prices? any guidance is much appreciated. between taxis and these beach rentals, costs are getting a bit high so would appreciate any advice. we'll be sailing on the Celebrity Summit. thanks!

Tobacco Bay does offer umbrella rentals. I believe it was $15 last year. That includes the chair. Chair and umbrella $15. Transportation, Ferry to St. George, $5 each way per person. Taxi from the ferry terminal to Tobacco won't cost much. About $10 for the taxi each way from the terminal. Less from the Town Square.

Edited by Charles4515

At the public beaches (Horseshoe Bay and Tobacco Bay) that offer chair and umbrella rentals there's no guarantee that chairs or umbrellas will be available when you arrive. Their entire supply could be already rented when you get there.

Also, if it's too windy they may not rent umbrellas at all.

Edited by njhorseman

At the public beaches (Horseshoe Bay and Tobacco Bay) that offer chair and umbrella rentals there's no guarantee that chairs or umbrellas will be available when you arrive. Their entire supply could be already rented when you get there.

Also, if it's too windy they may not rent umbrellas at all.

Horseshoe Bay last year seemed to consider the slightest breeze too windy. We did find a good spot in one of the coves that had shade.

The private places might run out of umbrellas too. Someone last year said they were all taken at Coco Reef.

If I absolutely had to have an umbrella I would do the Day Pass at Elbow Beach. But even there if there was wind that would be an issue. Years ago when there were chair and umbrella rentals at Elbow I could not keep my umbrella up. It kept taking off. They should not have let me rent the umbrella.

I would seriously bring one of those small clamp on beach umbrellas from home. As stated last year we went with very little wind and Horseshoe said it was windy. My sister has a condition that she can't be in the sun also. We found a cove for shade but note that the shade moves as the day progresses.