Colosseum tickets?

irishayes

Purchased my tickets yesterday for the Colosseum, but when it asked me for my native country, every country was in there EXCEPT the United States. I had several people from my office help me look but to no avail. I had to choose Canada. Has anyone else experienced this?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Purchased my tickets yesterday for the Colosseum, but when it asked me for my native country, every country was in there EXCEPT the United States. I had several people from my office help me look but to no avail. I had to choose Canada. Has anyone else experienced this?

Did you see 'Stati Uniti'?

I had the same exact issue a day or two ago when I purchased tickets. There was one that I think was an island...but said USA in parenthesis...I chose that one! LOL Not sure it really matters in the end...

I went through the list, too. It's Statis Uniti.

Exchange rate as 4/12/14 (1.38 Euro = $1 USA Dollar)

14 Euro's = $19.32 USA dollars

Colosseum Tickets Office

Official Website

Choose your personal solution and skip the line

Ticket on-line

• - Full entrance € 12.00

• - Reduced entrance € 7.50

• - Free entrance just to collect onsite + reservation fee: € 2,00

The tickets is valid for 2 days from the first use and you can use it within 31 December 2014:D

Groups and Schools Reservation

Groups

• - Reservation required, € 2.00 (included radio - guide) - up to 50 persons.

Schools

• Reservation required, € 15.00 up to 50 pax

Individuals guided tours

• - cost: € 5.00

• - duration: about 45’

• - participants: up to 40 pax

• - reservation: suggested

• - language: english, spanish, french

• timetable

o English: from Monday to Sunday at 10.15 - 11.15 - 12.30 - 13.45 - 15.00 - 16.15 - 17.15

o Spanish: from Monday to Sunday at 10.30 - 11.30 - 12.45 - 14.45 – 16.00 – 17.00

o French: from Monday to Sunday at 11.00

Colosseum, Underground and Third Ring tours

• - cost: € 9.00 :)

• - duration: 1 h 15’

• - participants: up to 25 pax

• - timetable: (Every day)

English: 9.20, 9.40, 10.40, 11.20, 11.40, 12.20, 13.20, 16.20

Spanish: 11.00, 13.00, 16.00

Italian: 10.20, 12.00, 12.40, 15.00

Audioguida

• - cost: € 5,50

• - duration: 1 h 10'

• - language: Italian, English, Spanish, French, Spanish, German, Japanese, Russian, Chinese, Arabic, Latin, Portuguese, LIS and ASL

Videoguide

• - cost: € 6,00

• - duration: 45'

• - language: Italian, English, Spanish, French, Spanish, German, Japanese, Russian, Chinese, Portuguese

Buy all services listed above through the call center

• - Individuals: +39 06 399 67 700

• - Groups: +39 06 399 67 450

• - Schools: +39 06 399 67 200

• - Monday-Friday 9-18 / Saturday 9-14

Edited by coolplex

Exchange rate as 4/12/14 (1.38 Euro = $1 USA Dollar)

14 Euro's = $19.32 USA dollars

Colosseum Tickets Office

Official Website

Choose your personal solution and skip the line

Ticket on-line

• - Full entrance € 12.00

• - Reduced entrance € 7.50

• - Free entrance just to collect onsite + reservation fee: € 2,00

The tickets is valid for 2 days from the first use and you can use it within 31 December 2014:D

Groups and Schools Reservation

Groups

• - Reservation required, € 2.00 (included radio - guide) - up to 50 persons.

Schools

• Reservation required, € 15.00 up to 50 pax

Individuals guided tours

• - cost: € 5.00

• - duration: about 45’

• - participants: up to 40 pax

• - language: english, spanish, french

• timetable

o English: from Monday to Sunday at 10.15 - 11.15 - 12.30 - 13.45 - 15.00 - 16.15 - 17.15

o Spanish: from Monday to Sunday at 10.30 - 11.30 - 12.45 - 14.45 – 16.00 – 17.00

o French: from Monday to Sunday at 11.00

Colosseum, Underground and Third Ring tours

• - cost: € 9.00 :)

• - duration: 1 h 15’

• - participants: up to 25 pax

• - timetable: (Every day)

English: 9.20, 9.40, 10.40, 11.20, 11.40, 12.20, 13.20, 16.20

Spanish: 11.00, 13.00, 16.00

Italian: 10.20, 12.00, 12.40, 15.00

Audioguida

• - cost: € 5,50

• - duration: 1 h 10'

• - language: Italian, English, Spanish, French, Spanish, German, Japanese, Russian, Chinese, Arabic, Latin, Portuguese, LIS and ASL

Videoguide

• - cost: € 6,00

• - duration: 45'

• - language: Italian, English, Spanish, French, Spanish, German, Japanese, Russian, Chinese, Portuguese

Buy all services listed above through the call center

• - Individuals: +39 06 399 67 700

• - Groups: +39 06 399 67 450

• - Schools: +39 06 399 67 200

• - Monday-Friday 9-18 / Saturday 9-14

Web-site http://www.coopculture.it/en/colosseo-e-shop.cfm

I was looking at the site and I couldn't figure out how to add the underground tour. Anyone know? Or does that require a phone call?

I am in the same boat. It looks to me like the underground is only available through April 30th and no additional dates after that have been added.

I "booked" the underground for June through http://www.tickitaly.com/tours/colosseum-dungeon-upper-level-tour.php

and I thought everything was going through just fine but after I input my CC# I got this e-mail:

Dear Bugeater2,

Hello from Italy where your recent order with tickitaly.com has been put on a temporary 'back-order' hold. The most likely reason for this is timing. You've done well to book in advance, but the majority of Italian galleries and museums do not accept orders for dates that are too far in the future.

'Too far' is usually 60 days, but there are a few destinations that will not accept bookings as far out as 30 or 40 days, not to mention the odd temporary freeze for technical or administrative reasons. You need not worry about any of this - your order is safely queued in our system and waiting to be fulfilled just as soon as we're able to do so.

You do not need to place another order as we shall automatically process this one as soon as the venue will accept it; you may, if you wish to, send an email to info@tickitaly.com thirty or so days before your visit date (quoting your order number) by way of a gentle reminder!

Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding, and thank you for using tickitaly.com.

At this point am now just playing the waiting game hoping that the June dates open up soon.

Edited by bugeater2

I am in the same boat. It looks to me like the underground is only available through April 30th and no additional dates after that have been added.

I "booked" the underground for June through http://www.tickitaly.com/tours/colosseum-dungeon-upper-level-tour.php

and I thought everything was going through just fine but after I input my CC# I got this e-mail:

Dear Bugeater2,

Hello from Italy where your recent order with tickitaly.com has been put on a temporary 'back-order' hold. The most likely reason for this is timing. You've done well to book in advance, but the majority of Italian galleries and museums do not accept orders for dates that are too far in the future.

'Too far' is usually 60 days, but there are a few destinations that will not accept bookings as far out as 30 or 40 days, not to mention the odd temporary freeze for technical or administrative reasons. You need not worry about any of this - your order is safely queued in our system and waiting to be fulfilled just as soon as we're able to do so.

You do not need to place another order as we shall automatically process this one as soon as the venue will accept it; you may, if you wish to, send an email to info@tickitaly.com thirty or so days before your visit date (quoting your order number) by way of a gentle reminder!

Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding, and thank you for using tickitaly.com.

At this point am now just playing the waiting game hoping that the June dates open up soon.

I used that same site to book my Vatican Tour since it was the only one that offered a time that worked with my scheduled Scavi Tour. I got a similar response and I'm hoping everything goes through okay later.

I don't know if I want to do that for a second tour though so I may book with Walks of Italy or Dark Rome at a premium price - not sure yet. But I do want to make sure I see the underground portion this time :)

Edited by LEtue

Dear Bugeater2,

Ok so I'm in the same boat..Last time I used Omniticket for Colosseum..but now trying to book the underground and upper level also..Omniticket does not show that..so can you tell me..with this one it is 28.50E each and it is the underground and upper tier..guided tour..is the main area of the Colosseum guided also? If not do you know if we can get the audioguide after we've already bought these? Think we used them last time but dont remember if we got them once we were inside? So confusing..this is not actually the Colosseum site it is an outside tour group is my understanding.

Click on the GREEN link to open and read information on the museums.

When in Rome, start roaming.

Tips that will help you around Rome. Bus 64 be aware for pick pockets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdPP7IhRnds.

Rome museum cards and tickets

A proper pass that allows the entrance to all the Museums in Rome does not exist, but lately several different cards for combined visits have been introduced in the city.

ROMA ARCHEOLOGIA CARD (Rome archaelogical card)

Price: €27,5 (€17,5 for UE citizens between 18 and 25 years old, and for the teachers; people under 18 years old and over 65 years old can enter for free in the Museums of the Archeologia Card circuit, a free ticket will be given to them at the entrance of every museum).

The Archeologia Card is valid 7 days in a row and for one entrance per single museum of the list that follows.

The card can be purchased at each site (excluding the tomb of Cecilia Metella and the Villa Quintili) and also at the Rome Tourist Board Office (APT) in via Parigi 5.

The card allows the entrance to the following sights:

Colosseum

Piazza del Colosseo

Opening times: every day from 9:00 to 19:00

Closed: 25 December, 1 January

Palatino and Palatino Museum

Piazza Santa Maria Nova 53 and Via di San Gregorio 30

Opening times: every day from 9:00 to 19:00

National Roman Museums

Palazzo Altemps - Palazzo Massimo - Crypta Balbi - Terme di Diocleziano

Viale Enrico De Nicola, 78

Opening times: every day from 9:00 to 19:00 – Monday closed

Baths of Caracalla

Viale delle Terme di Caracalla 52

Opening times: every day from 9:00 to 19:00 – Monday: from 9:00 to 14:00

Cecilia Metella

Via Appia Antica 161

Villa Dei Quintili

Via Appia Nuova 1092

Closed: 25 December, 1 January BIGLIETTO 4 MUSEI

(4 Museums combined ticket)

Price: 6,5 Euro (4,0 Euro for UE citizens between 18 and 25 years old).

This card is valid for 3 days in a row and for a single entrance to the following museums:

Palazzo Altemps

Piazza Sant’ Apollinare 48

Opening times: from Tuesday to Sunday from 9 to 19:45

Palazzo Massimo

Largo di Villa Peretti 1

Terme di Diocleziano

Via E. De Nicola 78

Cripta Balbi

Via delle Botteghe Oscure 31

The card can be purchased in any of the sights. CAPITOLINI CARD

Price: 9,0 Euro (7,5 Euro for UE citizens between 18 and 25 years old; 1,5 Euro for UE citizens under 18 years old and over 65 years old).

This card is valid for 7 days in a row and allows a single entrance to 2 museums:

Capitoline Museum (Musei Capitolini)

Piazza del Campidoglio 1

Closed: 25 December, 1 January, 1 May

Centrale Montemartini

Via Ostiense 106

Opening times: every day from 9:30 to 19:00 – Monday closed

Closed: 25 December, 1 January, 1 May

The Capitoline Museums often hosts important temporary exhibitions; the card does not include the entrance to those exhibitions, visitors must pay an over price of 1,60 Euro. APPIA ANTICA CARD

Price: 7,5 Euro (4,5 Euro for UE citizens between 18 and 25 years old, and for the teachers).

The card is valid 7 days in a row and allows a single entrance to the following attractions:

Terme di Caracalla

Via delle Terme di Caracalla 52

Opening times: every day from 9:00 to 19:00 – Monday: from 9:00 to 14:00

Cecilia Metella

Via Appia Antica 161

Closed: 25 December, 1 January Villa Dei Quintili

Via Appia Nuova 1092

Edited by coolplex

Ok so I'm in the same boat..Last time I used Omniticket for Colosseum..but now trying to book the underground and upper level also..Omniticket does not show that..so can you tell me..with this one it is 28.50E each and it is the underground and upper tier..guided tour..is the main area of the Colosseum guided also? If not do you know if we can get the audioguide after we've already bought these? Think we used them last time but dont remember if we got them once we were inside? So confusing..this is not actually the Colosseum site it is an outside tour group is my understanding.

This tour lasts approximately 70 minutes and includes the Colosseum, the upper levels and the dungeon levels. It does not include a guided visit to the Forum and Palatine Hill area - your voucher will cover entrance to those areas, just that you need to visit by yourself.

This reads to me like you get the main Colosseum AND the upper and lower level. I do know that after the tour we can stay in the main area of the Colosseum on our own.

This summer will be my first time here so hopefully somebody that actually done the tour could chime in with more information if I am wrong.

Did anyone else who booked their Colosseum tickets through coopculture.it have issues with receiving the print at home tickets? I purchased our tickets two days ago, received a confirmation immediately from UniCredit, but never received the email with the printable tickets. I have sent four emails so far to Coopculture. I am worried I have just lost my money. Thanks.

I had the same problem with Trenitalia. For me the problem was apparently they don't recognize a dot net email address (at least mine anyway). I immediately received a confirmation as soon as I changed it to my dot com address. Hope this helps.

I booked the Colosseum tickets on-line via CoopCulture and received the UniCredit receipt and e-mail from CoopCulture with a pdf of the tickets at approx. the same time. Did you check your junk mail folder - ??

The next day (Tuesday) I phoned to book the Underground tour portion (as you cannot do it on-line) - this was a bit more challenging. I have a reservation # (which I am not 100% is correct) but have not received the confirmation e-mail (which they said they would send). I do see that the charge went through on my credit card though. I plan to call them again tomorrow and hopefully get it figured out to get my confirmation e-mail... I would just like to see that I have the correct date/time booked.

• 1 month later...

What emails are you using to get your tickets? I just ordered mine yesterday and am having the same problem. I did email them at the coopculture.it address. Is there another one I should try.