Does anyone know how far (how many miles) the Port in Nurenberg is from Frankfurt A/P

Di Princess

Munich airport is significantly closer. MUC has a lot of overseas service, and is a nicer place IMO than FRA.
If one is going to Nuremburg, one option would be simply to fly there. There are connecting flights to NUE from both FRA and MUC, which makes the difference in distance pretty academic; and also from AMS, CDG and ZRH.

So one would need to weigh up the pros and cons of getting a surface transfer from FRA or MUC against those of flying as far as NUE.

If one is going to Nuremburg, one option would be simply to fly there. There are connecting flights to NUE from both FRA and MUC, which makes the difference in distance pretty academic; and also from AMS, CDG and ZRH.

So one would need to weigh up the pros and cons of getting a surface transfer from FRA or MUC against those of flying as far as NUE.

I personally prefer the train myself. Frankfurt in particular has a long distance train station attached to it, which makes things easy. I just love seeing be german countryside rolling past, even if it adds a bit of time.

I lived in Pirmasens, nach Kaiserslautern 57 years ago. My first daughter was born in Munchweiler Hospital. U.S. Army (DH). I have not been back since.

Kiyomi and I are taking a 7-Day River cruise on the Viking Var in November 2015. This should be very nostalgic. :D