Room help near laundry

JustAnOrdinaryGirl

I need an inside room midship and this is the only one left. Anyone had any experience with these rooms? Im worried they will be hot (Im a lady of a certain age and always hot)! Im assuming over night they would not be noisy and to be fair I only sleep in the room so not bothered about the day apart from the heat (and rubbish air con you get on ships wont suffice).

Any views/opinions/help etc greatly appreciated

:)

I've had a cabin alongside a laundry (ie the laundry was the other side of the long wall of the cabin) on QV. I never heard anything at any time from it. There was also no heat coming through the wall.

On QM2 on one trip I was two cabins away from a laundry, again no noise issues.

In fact, having the laundries so close was a huge bonus, so handy for last minute pressing of shirts! :)

As for the air-con, maybe I've been lucky, but on QM2, QE and QV, if I put the air-con on the lowest temp setting and then gone out around the ship, the cabin was like a 'fridge when I returned (QM2 esp so)! Far too cold to sleep in (and I can't sleep in a hot, or even a warm room).

Hope this helps :) .

Edited by pepperrn

oh never thought of them being shut - thank you for your reply :)

Even those who go on holiday to do their own washing and ironing are not allowed to do it all night long (camping it's called !).

I've stayed in a cabin quite close to a laundry and I don't think I heard much noise, or noticed any extra heat.

Even those who go on holiday to do their own washing and ironing are not allowed to do it all night long (camping it's called !).

/QUOTE]

Yes, but you do meet some very interesting people inthe laundry. Even had a chat there with Terry Waite once.

David.