Traffic on Saints game Sunday in NO

WPTNGirl

We sail next Sunday and Saints have a home game at noon. I see there is also construction on Hwy 90, which we use to get to the port. Will we get into a bad traffic jam if we are planning to be at the port by 10:00 using I-10 to 90? What about coming through the French Quarter and using Tchoupitoulis? Thank for any help.

If you are familiar with the route you described, stay with it. There will be more traffic than usual but you will avoid most of it if you are headed to the port. There are alternate routes but I don't think you would find them any easier.

I don't know of any construction on 90. Work is usually done at night, and certainly not on a Saints game day.

You can listen for traffic reports on WWL, 870 AM.

Thank you. My husband used to live in New Orleans so we know how to get around the French Quarter to Tchoupitoulis. I didn't know if any of those roads through the French Quarter were closed before the ballgame. This is probably the way we will go to the port just to avoid I-10 and 90. Thanks again.

The game traffic will be bad but think of this no worse than a work day with everyone going to work. We go to the games and it is never real bad. So I would stick with the I10 to 90 and also most of game traffic will get off I10 before or at 90 anyway

I stayed at Hilton Riverside the Sunday of the Saints game two weeks ago...I took the port of nola exit on 90 to get there. Traffic wasn't bad once you got beyond the superdome exit. I don't recall any issues with construction. I arrived around 10am.

Thank you. My husband used to live in New Orleans so we know how to get around the French Quarter to Tchoupitoulis. I didn't know if any of those roads through the French Quarter were closed before the ballgame. This is probably the way we will go to the port just to avoid I-10 and 90. Thanks again.

Any advice for route from City Park to Fulton garage possibly around 10:00, Saints game at noon.

I stayed at Hilton Riverside the Sunday of the Saints game two weeks ago...I took the port of nola exit on 90 to get there. Traffic wasn't bad once you got beyond the superdome exit. I don't recall any issues with construction. I arrived around 10am.

Did it again Sunday 10am before the Saints game. 10 to 90 to tchoupitoulas...no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk