Need Advice on Houston/Galveston

tiggypooo

We are sailing Nov. 27th on Liberty of the Seas from Galveston.

I love to go 2 days early before our cruises, stay near a mall and get some shopping in ahead of time.

I booked the Fairfield Inn Texas City for 2 nights, as it is across from the Mall of the Mainland.

I thought that it would be fun to shop and eat there for 2 days.

Well I just read that this mall is closed. AHHHH

I am now looking for an alternative location really anywhere in the area, that would give us a nice 2 day stay in the Houston area.

It doesn't look like Galveston has any large malls that will give us what we're looking for.

We will not have a car, so will have to rely on foot power to get us around for our stay.

When I can find a place, I will then book another hotel in the area.

Thanks for any help with this.

Kathy

Without a car !!!!!! I would come on to Galveston and shop downtown like at Tooties and Tina's and others . Then do tourist thing around town. Many fun things to do in Galveston. There is plenty of shopping too in Ports . A couple of weeks ago, we found a wonderful shop in Cozumel of light cotton women's clothing.

Ooooof....yup that is going to be a busy weekend! If you are going a few days ahead I agree the Galleria is huge but very, very busy. You could always visit The Strand in downtown Galveston too...lots of boutiques and quirky things to look at, but get there early as parking is a bear. Good luck and happy shopping!

Edited by widallas

Thanks all.

I did find The Galleria this afternoon and booked a hotel there.

Yup it will be Black Friday, but we had a ball shopping on that day in New Jersey pre-cruise last year.

I know that it will cost an arm, leg and probably foot for taxis, but my husband isn't comfortable driving in a city that he doesn't know.

Oh well. all part of vacationing.

Thanks again.

Edited by tiggypooo

Thanks all.

I did find The Galleria this afternoon and booked a hotel there.

Yup it will be Black Friday, but we had a ball shopping on that day in New Jersey pre-cruise last year.

I know that it will cost an arm, leg and probably foot for taxis, but my husband isn't comfortable driving in a city that he doesn't know.

Oh well. all part of vacationing.

Thanks again.

Get a room and walk out of room within the Galleria complex .

Edited by ssb