Cabin availability

dickymint25

This is our first cruise. Just out of interest really, but has anyone any idea of when cabins are usually ready. We are joining celebrity reflection in July . Our plane gets in to Rome airport at 11am so am assuming we will board early pm? Will there be places to get a meal whilst waiting?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

This is our first cruise. Just out of interest really, but has anyone any idea of when cabins are usually ready. We are joining celebrity reflection in July . Our plane gets in to Rome airport at 11am so am assuming we will board early pm? Will there be places to get a meal whilst waiting?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You really need to check with Celebrity to get the specifics for your cruise. To start with the arrival time in Rome is very problematic.

You'll need to clear Immigration and customs which can be slow in Rome. Then there's the trip from Rome airport to the port (Civitavecchia) which takes at least 90 minutes. Your embarkation will need to be accomplished no later than 5:00pm (or earlier) so you are not allowing for any delays at any point.

To answer your question the cabins will normally be available shortly after 1:00 pm assuming there are no problems with the disembarkation of the previous cruise passengers.

Edited by Host Walt

Ready around 1 or 2.

Buffet open for lunch, often (not sure if always) burger bar also open.

With lines where cabin isn't ready when you board it's a Goid idea to keep your carry on to as small as possible, only valuables and medications and check the rest as you will have to cart it around for a few hours.

If the buffet is too crowded you can go to the bistro on five. Is has an additional charge of $5 for the really good crepes and soup (as much as you like). Nice quiet place. But if your planes arrives at 11am don't expect to be on board before 1:30 pm or more likely 2pm. At this time your cabin should be ready. We liked the Reflection very much. Have fun!

Our plane gets in to Rome airport at 11am so am assuming we will board early pm?

Woah. I, too, am very concerned with your arrival time. Even though it appears you are flying from Britain, this is extremely tight timing. Many people arrive into their embarkation city the day before the cruise, and we always do this now after missing a connecting flight by 5 minutes once. There are SO many things which could happen that are not in your control: weather delays, mechanical problems, staffing problems, customs/immigration/security line delays... oh my goodness. Since this is your first cruise, you may have booked this flight and not considered that it was not a good idea.

I looked up your itinerary and you depart at 5:00 pm. You must be checked in 90 minutes prior, so that means 3:30 at the latest, then the drive to the cruise port which Walt confirmed is 90 minutes away. Can you see the problem here??

Oh my goodness... see if you can change that flight!! Do it now. You will NOT make this cruise. :eek:

...Your embarkation will need to be accomplished no later than 5:00pm (or earlier) so you are not allowing for any delays at any point....

No, they leave at 5:00 - they will not make this cruise unless they change their flight.

Edited by Langley Cruisers

Airport is about 2 hours away from port if going direct I wouldn't attempt it by public transport. Rome is huge imagine trying to get from one side of London to the other during rush hour. It will take about an hour to get off of the plane, collect luggage and get out of the airport. If you are lucky I think you could catch the ship. But you would need to have no delays anywhere. Are you getting a ship transfer?

Sorry, but the airport - I assume it will be Fiumicino - is not 2 h away if you take a car. We did a limo service (I think it was Bob's Limo), it didn't cost a fortune and the transportation time was approx 1h 15 min to the port (with some traffic delays). The driver was waiting just outside the security area. It took us less than an hour to get our luggage and leave the airport. Of course if your flight is delayed and you are struck in traffic there is a risk of missing the ship. But so far we never had a problem with a same day flight in Europe. With the flight arriving at 11am you have more than 4h to go. It might be stress but it's possible.