Is Panama City safe enough for a woman alone?

texasweather

I've been given the opportunity to go to Panama City for work. Just a quick 3-day thing. My husband isn't sure he wants me to, a female traveling alone. I'm not worried about my time actually working, I'll be safe in those situations, but whatever free time I have, as long as I am out in the big tourist areas during broad daylight and don't go out at night, I should be fine, right??

I've been given the opportunity to go to Panama City for work. Just a quick 3-day thing. My husband isn't sure he wants me to, a female traveling alone. I'm not worried about my time actually working, I'll be safe in those situations, but whatever free time I have, as long as I am out in the big tourist areas during broad daylight and don't go out at night, I should be fine, right??

Probably . It's like any big city in the US and Canada . Just be aware of your surroundings and stay in crowds and well lite places at night . Also if you are drinking don't leave your drink unattended . Try and travel with a friend when possible.

Under those conditions I think you would be fine. The only thing I would fine tune a bit is just don't strike out on your own for the tourist areas, I would arrange for a taxi or a guide through your hotel or work and have them take you to the tourist areas. As in many large cities, you can easily change demographics within a couple of streets without realizing it. You would have the benefit of not actually being ''alone'' as well as someone who would know that the area is a safe one.

Perhaps your Company will allow a fellow worker to show you around, etc. My Company did this, and I was allowed to put coworker's expenses on my expense report. Nothing outlandish, mind you.:)