Sail-away Festivities on the Prinsendam

My DW and I will be on the Prinsendam in a few weeks. We will be leaving from Imjuiden at 4PM.

I was wondering, since we have not sailed on the Prinsendam before, what festivities do they have for sail-away?

Do they have a sail-away party? Do passengers make their own fun and improvise for sail-aways on the Prinsendam?

My DW and I will be on the Prinsendam in a few weeks. We will be leaving from Imjuiden at 4PM.

I was wondering, since we have not sailed on the Prinsendam before, what festivities do they have for sail-away?

Do they have a sail-away party? Do passengers make their own fun and improvise for sail-aways on the Prinsendam?

I haven't sailed from your port but I have sailed on Prinsendam three times (and a couple of collectors cruises). There was ALWAYS a sail a way party. It's usually at the Sea View Pool (aft).

Prinsendam might be small, but she knows how to do things :)

Enjoy her

Yes, sail away at aft pool, or if raining, in the lido, there will also be a vip champagne party at 1:30pm in the Crows Nest..

So, if it is raining, is the sail-away by the lido pool bar (isn't it uncovered?) or in the Lido Restaurant? We are interested in where the "back-up" location would be as our roll call wants a sail-away out of Piraeus.

Edited by Vict0riann

all HAL ships have a sliding roof in Lido to close in case of inclement weather.( Rain or cold)

The Prinsendam doesn't have a sliding roof, but you can sit at the sides and stay dry, if there is a real downpour, they might cancel it or

do it in the Crows nest....

Prinsendam is quite different. I don't remember her having a cover?

correct :) No sliding roof/cover on the Prinsendam Lido deck. Nice cover on the sides created by the Sports Deck, but that's it.

Actually, I like her that way as there is always fresh air :)

Ann, my suggestion would be for your roll call to just plan to meet where the sailaway party is. It sounds like usually the aft pool. Mine was the Lido Pool, but CD Mark Brignone was then brand new to the Prinsendam and may have made his plans on the assumption that the pool would be covered.

The place will be published in On Location; in the event of bad weather I'm sure the CD will announce the backup location. I would just stay flexible and meet according to what is announced on the ship.

Roy