New 6K room on Freedom

Bobkat26

I have 9201 booked on the valor next year, I'm beyond excited!! I initially booked it because of the smoking balcony thing (me and hubby being non smokers) I thought wow, a balcony view without the hassle and price! They would have to drop the balcony by A LOT for me to switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was doing mock cruises on CCL website early one morning (around 2:00 am) and found a 6K vacancy (Rm 9201) on the Valor to the Southern Caribbean in April, 2014. I booked the cruise and room-- would you believe on-line. The next day I told DW what I had done and she was very skeptical--that is-- until she walked into the room. We have cruised CCL and number of times and try to stay in a different category of cabin each time. The 6K is by far the most unique cabin in which we have cruised. My DW just loved it.

Heat from the windows is not a problem--in fact the AC is a little too good. One drawback, is the requirement the drapes in the cabin remain closed when sailing at night; so, you are not able to "sleep under the stars". Another drawback is the location of the cabin. These cabins are at the front of the ship and on CCL the MDR's are generally at the rear. The result is a pretty good "hike" to and from the cabin to the MDR. Basically small inconveniences. Enjoy your cruise in the 6K cabin.

I was doing mock cruises on CCL website early one morning (around 2:00 am) and found a 6K vacancy (Rm 9201) on the Valor to the Southern Caribbean in April, 2014. I booked the cruise and room-- would you believe on-line. The next day I told DW what I had done and she was very skeptical--that is-- until she walked into the room. We have cruised CCL and number of times and try to stay in a different category of cabin each time. The 6K is by far the most unique cabin in which we have cruised. My DW just loved it.

Heat from the windows is not a problem--in fact the AC is a little too good. One drawback, is the requirement the drapes in the cabin remain closed when sailing at night; so, you are not able to "sleep under the stars". Another drawback is the location of the cabin. These cabins are at the front of the ship and on CCL the MDR's are generally at the rear. The result is a pretty good "hike" to and from the cabin to the MDR. Basically small inconveniences. Enjoy your cruise in the 6K cabin.

I was contemplating switching to a balcony. We sail the Sunshine 8 days from today...can't wait to see the cabin, the pics look amazing! Thanks for the heads up, I'm even more excited now! :D

Edited by HoneyBeeGood

• 2 weeks later...
Anxious to hear your thoughts on the cabin. I just booked one on the Sunshine!

On the ship now...having a fabulous time and the room is gorgeous! I think for the price, the 6k is the best cabin on the ship! Better than the captain or grand suites (in my honest opinion).The view is amazing! :)

Edited by HoneyBeeGood

For me, the day I found the cabin, they were still showing the old floor plans. I called and spoke to a representative at Carnival who told me 9201 was available on Freedom, for 20 more than I was paying for an inside, so I took it. Then I found out what I got and I am super excited. My husband said even if a balcony comes available we will not change, hes as excited about trying this room.

Kathy

How did you book these cabins; through TA's? I never see them available...

I had to call. They were not showing available online but both were indeed available. It took them several hours to be able to "pull" the room for booking but they got it done.

I booked 9201 for the Glory September 2015, but it didn't appear on Carnival's website so I booked it on the travel website I found it on. I didn't want it to disappear out from under me so I didn't bother trying to call Carnival.

I have read elsewhere on CC that you can have your shades up at night but only if you have all of your cabin lights off.

If you want to see a comprehensive tour of cabins 9200 and 9201,there are a few on YouTube :)

• 3 weeks later...
If anyone has any pictures of one of the two 6K rooms it would be great to see. We were able to get one, but the price is not much difference in going to a balcony. We stay in a variety of rooms, as we like to try different rooms, but was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the new rooms on Freedom?

Thanks,

Kathy

If you click on the link in the middle of post #3, you can see some pictures of this room if you're still interested.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2086950

Edited by cruizinisthebest