New 6K room on Freedom

Bobkat26

If anyone has any pictures of one of the two 6K rooms it would be great to see. We were able to get one, but the price is not much difference in going to a balcony. We stay in a variety of rooms, as we like to try different rooms, but was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the new rooms on Freedom?

Thanks,

Kathy

You'll want someone who sailed June 1 or later - these weren't even 100% finished on our May 24 sailing. We did walk by them one day and a couple of doors were open, and the front hallway looks like the breeze with the palm tree wallpaper and faux wood doors. They are the new color scheme (blue, yellow, and brown), and upon a quick glance, they look like those on the Glory and Valor. I know that's not a huge help, but hopefully you can find someone who was in them!

Tropicaledrink,

Thanks, Yeah I was hoping someone who stayed would post pics. I didn't even know these exsisted but was talking to a customer service rep at Carnival and he told me about them. It cost me $20.00 to upgrade to the corner unit 9201 per person from my inside cabin so I jumped on it. Its a port intensive cruise, so I really don't need a balcony, but the window will be awesome. thanks for giving me something :)

Kathy

I ended up switching to a 6K cabin when I saw it was available (couldn't believe it!) and I wanted to try something new as well. I'm sailing on the Sunshine next month so, I just googled Sunshine Scenic Grand Oceanview and/or the cabin number. I saw 1 Youtube video and several pictures from a cruiser who actually switched from their 6K cabin during their cruise. I would suggest searching the internet, it seems not many post are available. Mostly are videos and photos from the Valor last year. Hope this helps! :)

google Valor scenic oceanview.

there are two different cabins-- the two corner ones are huge compared to the middle cabins

We had one on the Glory-- I LOVED the cabin- did NOT love the walk to the food/ pools every day--

On the Sunshine and the Freedom, the interiors 6js sleep 2 and 4 depending on which one you book. The 6ks on opposite corners sleep 4 in one, 2 in the other. I've had to switch sailing dates 3 times this year and have been super fortunate to grab one of these with each booking. Cannot wait to get on the ship and to our cabin!!!

We had a 6J on the Sunshine and thought it was great. There are not many 6J and 6K ocean view cabins. They are so much better than the 4J cabins that have people walking in front of your window. One thing we did notice was that the back rest on the sofa did not come off when it was converted to a bed. Made it not as wide as a regular bed.

On the Freedom, 6K cabin #9201 sleeps two and #9200 sleeps 4. It came out to $40 less total than a balcony cabin for my sailing. I also had to convince Carnival that these cabins actually existed as there was no way to book them online.

The cabin below was from the Valor. I absolutely loved this cabin so much, we have booked it for our upcoming Sunshine cruise. On the Sunshine, the TV is not near the door, but it is at the desk.

Edited by INCHARGE

It's the same amount of these room types on every ship that has them: four 6js, two 6ks. And yes, price drops are practically non-existent. I still check; however. People can, upgrade, etc. You never know.

Heres hoping the other family does upgrade to a balcony so, I can get more price drops. However, I am comfortable with the price I'm paying. I'm still on the border whether to keep my 6K or not. If the price for balconies(which i love) drops a few hundred, I just might switch. But I don't know, this is a one in a lifetime opportunity to have this cabin and I'm not sure if I want to pass it up. I was able to book this category with less than 2 months until sail date. My husband says just keep the room, you can always get a balcony. Sighhh :confused:

I am so excited now. For what I paid for 9201 on freedom I think I got a great deal. We are doing a kinda back to back with the dream and freedom. First week in freedom we have a spa balcony room and I have gotten quite a bit in on board credit. Second week freedom with this room and I think I will not upgrade to balcony. The views look amazing. I will be doing a full review when I get back in September.

Thanks all

Kathy

With the large window facing forward, does this room get "hotter" than the other rooms? Thanks

I didnt think so. Its VERY thick glass too. But during the day we kept the curtains mid way down. and at sunset they needed to be all the way down

I ended up switching to a 6K cabin when I saw it was available (couldn't believe it!) and I wanted to try something new as well. I'm sailing on the Sunshine next month so, I just googled Sunshine Scenic Grand Oceanview and/or the cabin number. I saw 1 Youtube video and several pictures from a cruiser who actually switched from their 6K cabin during their cruise. I would suggest searching the internet, it seems not many post are available. Mostly are videos and photos from the Valor last year. Hope this helps! :)

Anxious to hear your thoughts on the cabin. I just booked one on the Sunshine!