Making copies...

It's always recommended to make copies of your docs./passport/cc's; etc. Still do it! But it's easy to take pics on your cell phone. Just don't lose your phone!:rolleyes:

Not sure how true this is, by my friends daughter lost her passport in Greece a few years back. She got a new passport in only a couple of days because her Mother had read to make sure your copy is done in colour !! In fact, they told her that was the reason she got it replaced so quickly.

So now when we travel we take a colour photocopy of all passports and then lock them up in the safe on board .

I like the idea of taking a picture with phone and or camera as well !! The worry would be if it was stolen !!

I read to make a note of name and phone # and take a photo so it you do lose your camera if kind folks find it, they can trace you and hopefully get it returned.

Scan your documents and email them to yourself. I also upload them onto an encrypted usb or mico-SDcard.

I'm not sure I trust email not to be hacked, but I do keep a copy in my Dropbox. I'm sure in a few years I won't trust Dropbox any more, but so far I am comfortable.